Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

The 43 Days Of Half Dimes - Act II

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 11
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
13936 Posts
 Posted 11/14/2019  05:24 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here is a 1848 (medium date) half dime that is in pretty rough shape:

"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz

Pillar of the Community
United States
627 Posts
 Posted 11/14/2019  05:42 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add joecoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You oughta be ashamed of that coin.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
13936 Posts
 Posted 11/14/2019  05:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes hard livin' on that one. My inferior picture-taking skills don't do these coins any favors, but clearly this one was quite worn when it was defaced.

Now that I look at it a little more closely, that last digit in the date looks a bit more like a 9 than an 8. Maybe I have the date mislabeled. Thoughts anyone?
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz

Pillar of the Community
United States
715 Posts
 Posted 11/14/2019  11:11 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Classic Coins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1848 medium date Seated Liberty half dime:

I love the bold devices on this little beauty. It almost looks like a toy coin. It has always been one of my favorite coins in my collection:

Learn More...
United States
79288 Posts
 Posted 11/14/2019  11:41 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I love the bold devices on this little beauty. It almost looks like a toy coin. It has always been one of my favorite coins in my collection:
Very nice!
Pillar of the Community
United States
2005 Posts
 Posted 11/14/2019  7:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add thq to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The miniaturization is what I like about them too. I don't care for dimes much, but half dimes (and Spanish 1/2 reales) are another story.

"Two minutes ago I would have sold my chances for a tired dime." Fred Astaire
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8306 Posts
 Posted 11/14/2019  10:30 pm  Show Profile   Check paralyse's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add paralyse to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Biding my time waiting on 1854 :P
Member ANA - EAC - TNA - SSDC
Specializing in 1932-1964 Washington quarters

"Most of the things worth doing in the world had been declared impossible before they were done." -- Louis D. Brandeis
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
13936 Posts
 Posted 11/15/2019  05:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here is a '49-P half dime:

-----Ghanaian proverb

-----King Adz

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
13936 Posts
 Posted 11/16/2019  07:07 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here is a 1850 half dime.

-----Ghanaian proverb

-----King Adz

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2189 Posts
 Posted 11/16/2019  2:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cipster to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1850 - abused a bit

Member ANA and EAC
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6713 Posts
 Posted 11/17/2019  12:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add pepactonius to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1851-O:

Pillar of the Community
United States
7721 Posts
 Posted 11/17/2019  01:34 am  Show Profile   Check oih82w8's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add oih82w8 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I Missed another day.

1849/6 H10C 9 Over Widely Placed 6

"Used to be mine"

image by robec
oih82w8 = "Oh I Hate To Wait"
"I tell her coins keep me off the streets and out of the bars." Moe145
"WOO-SAA...WOo-SAa...Woo-Saa" (calm down)
"An individual who vacillates when there is need of action will find themself beyond the hope of future success."

My Virtual 7070 https://www.PCGS.com/SetRegistry/ty...album/142105
Edited by oih82w8
11/17/2019 01:50 am
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
13936 Posts
 Posted 11/17/2019  05:27 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
'51-O:

-----Ghanaian proverb

-----King Adz

Learn More...
United States
79288 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
7721 Posts
 Posted 11/19/2019  12:00 am  Show Profile   Check oih82w8's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add oih82w8 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
oih82w8 = "Oh I Hate To Wait"
"I tell her coins keep me off the streets and out of the bars." Moe145
"WOO-SAA...WOo-SAa...Woo-Saa" (calm down)
"An individual who vacillates when there is need of action will find themself beyond the hope of future success."

My Virtual 7070 https://www.PCGS.com/SetRegistry/ty...album/142105
Page: of 11 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.11 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05