Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1999 LMC DDR, Nice One

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
United States
4463 Posts
 Posted 10/22/2019  2:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add USSID18 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
USSID: Yes it is worth the time. Look at the person that FOUND the first 1992 Close Am They sold it for 20 grand. Look at all the new error's that are being found. I Recently found and sent in a coin to Dr.James Wiles Its now listed as a New Listing 2015 D DDO-001 Double ear variety. Its for some and not for others. Its called Error hunting/coin roll hunting collecting . Are we going to get rich NAW. Its something different and cheaper in the coin collecting world for people to do that wont cost them but a little bit of money and time. A error coin I found was in Pocket change I sold was a Lincoln DDO cent. sold it for 180 bucks 179 profit ill take it anytime. All's you really need to know is yes its worth peoples time do what they want to do or they would Not be doing it.

Yes, I see your point as well. Can it be enjoyable to search? Yes. Can you get lucky? Yes. Can you make a little money after thousands of searches? Yes.

In the big scheme of things, forget it! One small example of what I'm talking about... Just look on this forum at all the people that think they have found the golden error nugget.

A very very small/minuscule percentage have found anything significant. When members on a thread have to ask, where are you seeing this error or variety and you need arrows, circles and a scanning electron microscope to see it, forget it!

Proud member of the Black Sheep Squadron!

Edited by USSID18
10/22/2019 2:44 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
591 Posts
 Posted 10/22/2019  5:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Daves Errors to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
USSID: The thing is I did not need to ask seen it right off told CoinTheTerm, Its a DDR-003 It is significant in the world of Error coin hunting or there would not be any LISTING for them > AHH but there is listings on this error so it makes it Significant in a small way as a collector looking to collect all known Errors coins. Like I said Its for some and not others.
Pillar of the Community
United States
828 Posts
 Posted 10/22/2019  5:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinTheTerm to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have to disagree USSID I think you may have the wrong or should I say different objective. I'd say just by your wording you are look for the "golden nugget" whereas I collect errors for my own personal collection and relaxation and enjoyment. If you are only looking for the " big one" have at it and let me know how that works out for you. You'll be searching the same coins that coin roll hunters have searched over and over for the last 50 years. To each his own I don't judge, some collectors are purists, some search for errors and varieties, some search for golden nuggets.

Very well put Daves Errors I think we are on the same page with this
Edited by CoinTheTerm
10/22/2019 5:14 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
4463 Posts
 Posted 10/22/2019  5:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add USSID18 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Daves Errors/CoinTheTerm- Yep, I understand and appreciate your opinions on the subject.
Proud member of the Black Sheep Squadron!

Pillar of the Community
United States
591 Posts
 Posted 10/22/2019  6:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Daves Errors to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
USSID -Yep I also appreciate your opinions on the subject. Again its for some people and not others as to what they look for and collect.
Pillar of the Community
United States
828 Posts
 Posted 10/22/2019  6:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinTheTerm to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Same here, USSID your opinions on here are always appreciate and this is of course a natural place for discussion.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10183 Posts
 Posted 10/23/2019  04:34 am  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm cherrypicking here, but:

Quote:
A error coin I found was in Pocket change I sold was a Lincoln DDO cent. sold it for 180 bucks 179 profit ill take it anytime. All's you really need to know is yes its worth peoples time do what they want to do or they would Not be doing it.

Was it an "error" or a "DDO?"
Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum.
-Lucretius

"Just because you're paranoid don't mean they're not after you."
-Kurdt Kobain

My Want List: http://goccf.com/t/282022
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.91 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05