Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Walking Liberty Or Bison Nickels?

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6
Pillar of the Community
United States
3406 Posts
 Posted 11/16/2019  12:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add acloco to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
......oh nnnnYESSSS!! LOL!

United States
47 Posts
 Posted 11/17/2019  6:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Roger Engelken to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Do enjoy collecting the Walking Liberty half dollars. I am back to 1940 and enjoy each copy that I have acquired. The 1940-S will be here late this week.
Learn More...
United States
80812 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
914 Posts
 Posted 11/21/2019  10:08 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I start getting serious with the walkers in a week :)
Learn More...
United States
80812 Posts
 Posted 11/21/2019  11:58 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I start getting serious with the walkers in a week :)
Pillar of the Community
United States
7723 Posts
 Posted 11/21/2019  1:43 pm  Show Profile   Check oih82w8's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add oih82w8 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I would recommend a type set, 20th Century or go BIG for the U.S. Type Set.
oih82w8 = "Oh I Hate To Wait"
"I tell her coins keep me off the streets and out of the bars." Moe145
"WOO-SAA...WOo-SAa...Woo-Saa" (calm down)
"An individual who vacillates when there is need of action will find themself beyond the hope of future success."

My Virtual 7070 https://www.PCGS.com/SetRegistry/ty...album/142105
Pillar of the Community
United States
914 Posts
 Posted 12/04/2019  09:37 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A fellow collector had a few Walking Liberties that he wanted to sell at a great price so I picked up a few. These in addition to the ones I had from my dad and a few I already owned let me make a dent in the collection. This is going to be a circulated set (I really seem to like circulated sets, with a few AU if I can find them at a good price).

Bedrock of the Community
United States
16131 Posts
 Posted 12/04/2019  09:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Conder101 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What you collect is a highly personalized decision. You have to decide what YOU like. Asking others only gets you opinions based on what THEY like. Following that advise runs the risk of spending a lot of money, and getting partway through the set only to find that it doesn't really engage you and you lack interest in what you are buying.
Gary Schmidt
Pillar of the Community
United States
744 Posts
 Posted 12/04/2019  10:41 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Phil310 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I am from the old school like many other members here on CCF

I am an old buffalo hunter too and my brain just can't get wrapped round calling it a bison nickel. However, when my 6 year old grandson who loves and studies animals tells me "Grandpa, it isn't a buffalo, it's a bison!", I may have to reconsider.
Pillar of the Community
United States
674 Posts
 Posted 12/04/2019  3:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DoctorBurnzy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What is BOTH for the win, Alec.
Learn More...
United States
80812 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
914 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2019  08:46 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I would recommend a type set, 20th Century or go BIG for the U.S. Type Set.

I completed that set early in the year.

Quote:
What is BOTH for the win, Alec.

HAHA. I actually picked up a few Bison nickels as they were a good price, most likely 2020 goal :)

Quote:
Excellent!

Thank you. I can get almost all from the LCS, but there a few I may need to order.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1469 Posts
 Posted 12/08/2019  2:20 pm  Show Profile   Check Andrew99's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Andrew99 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'd prefer the Buffalo nickels. There are more key dates and popular varieties. The Walker set, half the value of the set in any grade are coins dated 1921. After than there is not much challenge in getting the rest of them.
The collection is in your mind. Dispose of your albums and free your mind from the tyranny of holes.
Pillar of the Community
United States
914 Posts
 Posted 12/08/2019  2:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I'd prefer the Buffalo nickels. There are more key dates and popular varieties. The Walker set, half the value of the set in any grade are coins dated 1921. After than there is not much challenge in getting the rest of them.

Bison nickels I'll do after I finish the walkers ;)
Pillar of the Community
United States
914 Posts
 Posted 12/09/2019  3:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
One page completed only 5 more to go.
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.94 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05