Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

American Innovation 2019 $1 Reverse Proof Coin - Delaware

Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
312 Posts
 Posted 11/10/2019  8:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Sharkman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have only collected circulation issues. In my mind all post 2011 dollar coins are simply commemoratives. I'm passing on these.
Learn More...
United States
79443 Posts
 Posted 11/11/2019  2:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have not ordered yet. I have not bought the proof set yet either. I am saving to make one last order of things, even though I can spread them out with free shipping. It is more of a budget thing, especially when I have the last two Ikes I need/want to get.
United States
45 Posts
 Posted 11/21/2019  6:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Roger Engelken to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, I did purchase this one as well as the proof set of all four for 2019.
Pillar of the Community
United States
709 Posts
 Posted 11/21/2019  7:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I purchased the proof set only. Only one I may get is the NJ one.
Learn More...
United States
79443 Posts
 Posted 11/22/2019  10:06 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Only one I may get is the NJ one.
I might have to get SC and IN at least if I decided to skip the RP series.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10151 Posts
 Posted 11/22/2019  12:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If I don't collect the entire series I'll likely get a few states, the ones I've called home at one point in my life.
Pillar of the Community
United States
767 Posts
 Posted 11/22/2019  1:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add atticguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
...I'll likely get a few states, the ones I've called home at one point in my life.
This is why I only bought the Michigan five-ounce quarter, but the (much) lower cost of this set eased me into trying to get the whole set.
Learn More...
United States
79443 Posts
 Posted 11/22/2019  4:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I'll likely get a few states, the ones I've called home at one point in my life.
I would have to get a lot more than the two I mentioned; I might as well get the whole set then.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10151 Posts
 Posted 11/22/2019  5:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I'll likely get a few states, the ones I've called home at one point in my life.

Quote:
I would have to get a lot more than the two I mentioned; I might as well get the whole set then.

Likewise.
Pillar of the Community
United States
767 Posts
 Posted 11/22/2019  7:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add atticguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You two need to change your way of life so you wont get booted out of so many states. How many "Most Wanted Lists" are you on anyways?
Learn More...
United States
79443 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
1413 Posts
 Posted 11/26/2019  06:56 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bret to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm working on the series, so I purchased the Delaware reverse proof. I think the quality of the reverse proof is better than that of the proof. I'm going to collect the series, so I'm happy that most don't seem interested. It significantly increases the odds of rarities being produced. I think the mint did the right thing by not including them with the annual proof and mint sets. It would have been nice if they made individual uncirculated sets, but I'm Just buying a roll of each unc.
Pillar of the Community
United States
658 Posts
 Posted 11/26/2019  4:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wyzeguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
so I'm happy that most don't seem interested. It significantly increases the odds of rarities being produced.

Genuinely asking, how does less interest increase the chances of rarities being produced?
Pillar of the Community
United States
902 Posts
 Posted 11/29/2019  3:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CollegeBarbers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
For those who purchased this issue, what are your thoughts? How is the OGP? Pictures?

I'm on the fence about buying the states that I've called home, but for only $9.95 I might take the bait.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4159 Posts
 Posted 11/29/2019  3:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Genuinely asking, how does less interest increase the chances of rarities being produced?

A lack of interest today does not mean the same will be true in the future. A number of coins that are popular or in demand today did not have instant popularity when released.

If the first few reverse proof coins do not sell out, the excess mintage will be destroyed by the Mint. These coins would then become keys to the series if it takes off in the future and each issue always sells out its maximum mintage.

Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.41 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05