Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Well Here I Go Learning Again, 14 Coins:

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
United States
2703 Posts
 Posted 11/10/2019  06:46 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tdziemia to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Is that a reverse "P" under the crown on the left?

I don't know. I think Numista shows different marks like this for the next ruler, but not that one.
Gorgeous coin for someone who collects Portugal.

I had found the Lucca coin in CNI, and attributed it as #370. The link lists a range (367/77) which covers all the minor variation in punctuation, since that coin was not sharp enough to positively attribute. Yours has a dot after IMPERATOR and between digits in the date.

Nice one @j1m. I could see MONETA NO BA, and was thinking Barcelona at first. And as I was falling asleep I realized REGINE could also be Mary...
Pillar of the Community
Russian Federation
2870 Posts
 Posted 11/10/2019  12:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add january1may to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Nice one @j1m.
I actually had no idea what the triangular heck it could have been, but the coat of arms looked vaguely familiar, and I decided to just check all the single-arms listings in the online Saurma.

This coin turned out to be almost at the end of the list.
CCF Advertiser
Learn More...
United States
580 Posts
 Posted 11/12/2019  8:29 pm  Show Profile   Check louisvillekyshop's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add louisvillekyshop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
january1may;

That big copper certainly resembles the Judenpfennig coins I have seen online so thanks for the hint! But at 27.5 mm and 8.04 grams it is quite large and I can't find that "4" on any others as well. Still the shield and dotted border does look like it is influenced from that series.

CCF Advertiser
Learn More...
United States
580 Posts
 Posted 11/12/2019  9:17 pm  Show Profile   Check louisvillekyshop's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add louisvillekyshop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hungary. Maximilian II posthumous. I see 1577 AD. Silver Denier, 16.5mm, 0.40g
PATRONA star VNGARIE, crowned Virgin seated facing holding infant Christ,
within circle; K - B / MAX II RO I S AV GE HV BO R ,
date, above Arpad shield within circle. Huszar 993.

Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 2.93 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05