Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Possible Guangxu Emporer 'Palace Metal' ? Any Help Would Be Appreciated.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 4 / Views: 375Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
Canada
614 Posts
 Posted 11/09/2019  02:32 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Numis-Northerner to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
The obverse appears to bear the reigning title as well as the classic 'universal currency', and the reverse reads (to the best of My knowledge) 'peace under heaven'.

I cannot find anything on this coin, I am almost certain that it's meant to be a palace metal, but I am unsure to wetter or not this is an unlisted one, an attempt at a hypothetical one, a fantasy piece or just a counterfeit.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Numis-Northerner
11/09/2019 02:33 am
Valued Member
United States
157 Posts
 Posted 11/09/2019  06:09 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bjherbison to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It looks to me like a modern reproduction.

What is the weight and diameter?
Pillar of the Community
Canada
614 Posts
 Posted 11/10/2019  12:27 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Numis-Northerner to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
It looks to me like a modern reproduction.

What is the weight and diameter?

It is almost exactly 44mm, however I will need to set up my scale before I can get the correct weight.
Valued Member
United States
157 Posts
 Posted 11/10/2019  5:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bjherbison to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The top image presents as a coin issued for Emperor De Zong, 1887-1908. But I can't find any references for 44mm coins issued for De Zong.

The bottom image doesn't look like what I would expect on a De Zong coin. Does anyone know the significance of those characters?
Learn More...
United States
88915 Posts
  Previous TopicReplies: 4 / Views: 375Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.94 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05