Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Post What You Feel Are Some Of The Most Beautiful Coin Designs

First page | Previous Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 435 / Views: 17,540Next Topic
Page: of 29
Valued Member
United Kingdom
443 Posts
 Posted 07/10/2020  2:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TobyJ to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I really like the 1958 Canada Dollar. Inexpensive to add to your collection, and it's a great design.

This 1-dollar silver coin is also called the Death dollar. At the bottom of the totem pole on reverse, Stephan Trenka, designer for this commemorative coin, added a face that is the symbol of death in the First Nations culture.

Learn More...
United States
88708 Posts
Valued Member
Learn More...
Sweden
349 Posts
 Posted 07/11/2020  09:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add erafjel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@Gabibacsi, that 4 kreuzer is stunning!

These two beauties have shown up here before, for good reasons. Now they have also found their way into my small US collection:

Walking Liberty half dollar, 1917.

Mercury dime, 1923. No matter how beautiful her big sister Walking Liberty is, I find Miss Mercury completely irresistible!

Valued Member
Hungary
79 Posts
 Posted 07/11/2020  10:01 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Gabibacsi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@erafjel!

Yes you are right, if the Walking Liberty is not proof, the Dime is prettier. Congratulations! If it were available here, I would buy it from both, but I haven't seen it yet. Not even at fairs, nor at a dealer's.
Edited by Gabibacsi
07/11/2020 10:11 am
Bedrock of the Community
United States
21181 Posts
 Posted 07/11/2020  12:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
TobyJ, of all the Canadian Dollar designs, that one is my favorite. Thanks for the info on the Death dollar.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
16002 Posts
 Posted 07/11/2020  11:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
2015 Canada.
20 dollars-Imposing Alpha Wolf.

Learn More...
United States
88708 Posts
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
16002 Posts
 Posted 07/15/2020  11:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1911-2011 Canada.
Dollar.

Learn More...
United States
88708 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8815 Posts
 Posted 07/19/2020  9:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add pepactonius to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
United States -- 1 dollar, 2008:

Learn More...
United States
88708 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Canada
601 Posts
 Posted 07/20/2020  1:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Numis-Northerner to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Maybe not the most "beautiful", but still a design I rather like as the cherubs around the urn were a common "death" symbol in the late 1700s and early 1800s, and as someone who has a bit of an interest in "gravestone symbols" I find this to be a good mix of the two.

Learn More...
United States
88708 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
7276 Posts
 Posted 07/22/2020  5:58 pm  Show Profile   Check NumisRob's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add NumisRob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
2006 Finland 2 euros:
Learn More...
United States
88708 Posts
Page: of 29 Previous TopicReplies: 435 / Views: 17,540Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.48 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05