Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1922 No D - LWC I Finally Pulled The Trigger On A Purchase..please Grade?

Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 7
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
653 Posts
 Posted 11/10/2019  6:00 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Sarge50 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I finally found a 1922 NO -D on eBay and dropped ($319), I hope My investment was on track to make a profit? don't have in hand yet But from the two pictures I think this will give you an idea of what I bought.....I'm hoping it will go at least XF? I'll post pictures once in hand but would appreciate your initial appraisals, thanks in advance!

*** Moved by Staff moved to a more appropriate forum. ***
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
44024 Posts
 Posted 11/10/2019  6:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Can you show us a sharper reverse pic, please?
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
653 Posts
 Posted 11/10/2019  6:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Sarge50 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Coinfrog....that's the two pictures I have from the eBay sale? I know....I took a chance not able to see the reverse more clearly, those are the only two images they posted?
Bedrock of the Community
United States
31298 Posts
 Posted 11/10/2019  7:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I do not think it makes XF. http://www.numismedia.com/rarecoinp...proof=&plus=
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Bedrock of the Community
United States
16219 Posts
 Posted 11/10/2019  7:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BadThad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
VF-25, I hope you know the diagnostics. Buying one of these in the raw is high risk - it's one of the most faked coins ever.
Lincoln Cent Lover!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
44024 Posts
 Posted 11/10/2019  7:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am frankly concerned that this is not correct. With an apparently strong reverse (who knows from these pics) but more importantly a stronger second "2" in the date, it can only be Die Pair #2, but it does not show the mushiness of "In God We", which is characteristic of Die Pair #2.

Cannot be Die Pair #1 or #3 because of the strong second "2" in date.

The diagnostics do not match here, I believe.

Either way, it appears wrong.
Edited by Coinfrog
11/10/2019 8:55 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
964 Posts
 Posted 11/10/2019  8:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm agreeing with Frog, this looks more like my 1922 faint D than a no d the second 2 should be faint and the back is supposed to be stronger than what this one shows, but I'm not an expert so take my advice for the 2 cents that they are worth.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
44024 Posts
 Posted 11/10/2019  8:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sarge - PM me, cannot PM you.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
44024 Posts
 Posted 11/10/2019  10:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This is a coin which should only be bought in a graded holder.

I hope the OP has return privileges.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2453 Posts
 Posted 11/10/2019  11:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Greasy Fingers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't know...for die pair #2 IGWT just looks so strong. Got to go with what BadThad and coinfrog...best of luck
Bedrock of the Community
United States
16219 Posts
 Posted 11/11/2019  12:06 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BadThad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It can't be DP2, the reverse die state is too degraded.
Lincoln Cent Lover!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6761 Posts
 Posted 11/11/2019  05:21 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nickelsearcher to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I hope My investment was on track to make a profit?

This is a very risky way to invest. Hope the seller accepts returns.
Take a look at my other hobby ... http://www.finewoodcrafter.com
Too many hobbies .... too much work .... not enough time.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
12441 Posts
 Posted 11/11/2019  09:38 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wait and see if edweather chimes in , he knows about these 22 no D's .
Proud Member of The Black Sheep Squadron !
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
653 Posts
 Posted 11/11/2019  09:46 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Sarge50 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ok all.....I'm getting nervous now? It's shipped so my fingers And toes are crossed it arrives and is the same coin depicted? @coinfrog....I PM'd you?
Pillar of the Community
United States
1683 Posts
 Posted 11/11/2019  09:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Zurie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The sharpness of IGWT and the date is concerning. It doesn't seem to match any of the known die pairs. I would be very suspicious that it's not genuine.

And buying a coin like this from someone with a total of one feedback is a bit risky. At least he offered returns if there are any issues.
Edited by Zurie
11/11/2019 1:32 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
1594 Posts
 Posted 11/11/2019  11:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Good luck, Sarge
Page: of 7 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.16 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05