Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1922 No D - LWC I Finally Pulled The Trigger On A Purchase..please Grade?

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
42673 Posts
 Posted 11/18/2019  1:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
RPT - You're exactly right, always forget about this new service.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
18720 Posts
 Posted 11/18/2019  2:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add just carl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well we will all know the answers as soon it comes back from where it was sent.
just carl
Pillar of the Community
United States
7134 Posts
 Posted 11/18/2019  4:00 pm  Show Profile   Check edweather's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add edweather to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry to hear you are spending additional money to get it graded, but I understand. Did the seller extend your return window in light of you sending it out?
Pillar of the Community
United States
1604 Posts
 Posted 11/18/2019  5:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Zurie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm not optimistic. There's something fishy about the seller. In addition to yours, he/she sold two other 1922 no D Lincolns last week, one using a different seller name (but identical photo backgrounds). And both seller names were created within the past 3 weeks. If it comes back not genuine, hopefully the eBay dispute resolution process works out for you.
Learn More...
United States
79134 Posts
 Posted 11/18/2019  5:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
This probably would have been a good auction to use the eBay " NGC Get an expert opinion of authenticity option".

Would have been $5 well spent. :-)
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
634 Posts
 Posted 11/19/2019  11:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Sarge50 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Seller is not to worried about the coin being graded? Here's their response ("PERFECT!") when I notified them it was sent for grading and I requested an extension of return time window!

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
634 Posts
 Posted 11/19/2019  11:50 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Sarge50 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Was not aware of the NGC feature to authenticate for $5 on eBay but I will investigate its availability and use in the future if I have a question on any other coin purchases, thanks!
Pillar of the Community
United States
7134 Posts
 Posted 11/19/2019  12:25 pm  Show Profile   Check edweather's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add edweather to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ok, sounds like your in good shape with the seller for a refund. Can't wait to hear the results
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
634 Posts
 Posted 11/19/2019  3:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Sarge50 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
tick, tock, tick tock!
Learn More...
United States
79134 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
1811 Posts
 Posted 11/19/2019  5:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nfine to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I am hoping for the best.

As am I, Sarge!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
634 Posts
 Posted 11/19/2019  6:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Sarge50 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Roger that jbuck & nfine!
Pillar of the Community
United States
627 Posts
 Posted 11/19/2019  6:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add joecoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Seller is not to worried about the coin being graded? Here's their response ("PERFECT!") when I notified them it was sent for grading and I requested an extension of return time window!

Perfect for them, they did not grant you the extension, so they are not obligated.
Pillar of the Community
United States
803 Posts
 Posted 11/20/2019  05:57 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Big-Kingdom to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm a bit of a pessimist but the response of "perfect" looks to me to be flippant if anything.
1 feedback, response like that, I'd be surprised at this point if it does come back genuine, or that in 3 weeks you can get your money back. By then they will have gotten it and cleared it out of their PayPal account and shut it all down to reopen as a new seller again with 1 feedback.

I hope it works out for you but this started sketch and just keeps getting sketchier. Good luck.
Pillar of the Community
United States
7134 Posts
 Posted 11/22/2019  07:54 am  Show Profile   Check edweather's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add edweather to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Unless ebay backs the seller's return extension, it could be an issue. Ebay might though, seeing the buyer had it graded and it came back not genuine. All seems a bit of a moot point though. After asking for help here, and getting a 99% consensus of it being fake, threw good money after bad, and sent it out anyway. Why even post.......just send it out in the first place.
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.75 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05