Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1922 No D - LWC I Finally Pulled The Trigger On A Purchase..please Grade?

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 7
Pillar of the Community
United States
767 Posts
 Posted 11/22/2019  12:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add atticguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sarge50>>Just want to tell you that I'm rooting for you to get a positive response from the grading system for your coin. I'm unfortunately in the collecting position where almost all of the coins on my 'want-list', both for my USA and Canadian wants, are all priced at least over $100 (some $1k+) and either I find myself frightened enough to pass on a purchase or make one and feel that stomach wrenching feeling.
Anyway, I'll be watching with the others here and hope you're happy at the end.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2288 Posts
 Posted 11/23/2019  06:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add solotime to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If you paid with a credit card, you have like six months to open a charge-back case. But I believe you paid with PayPal, so that means you should still have two months of buyers protection for opening a case.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2093 Posts
 Posted 11/23/2019  11:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Greasy Fingers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10363 Posts
 Posted 11/24/2019  12:09 am  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You mentioned PayPal, so I assumed you used that to pay. Unless they've changed it recently, they offer 90-day protection on purchases. If it comes back in a body bag, then you should be able to get back the original purchase amount. I don't know exactly how eBay would approach it. The "14-day Returns" is only relevant for cases in which the buyer simply changed their mind, not an item being fraudulant/misrepresented. You don't need an extension from the seller, it's not up to them.

If it comes back altered, I would definitely contact both eBay and PayPal.

Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum.
-Lucretius
"Just because you're paranoid don't mean they're not after you."
-Kurdt Kobain
My Want List: http://goccf.com/t/282022
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
638 Posts
 Posted 11/25/2019  2:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Sarge50 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you all with your advise and concerns.....I paid with PayPal and I have dealt with fraudulent Ebayers and I can tell you from experience I, as the "Buyer" always win! I will have it back inside the 90 day window (I think in the next 15 days) I'll get it back either in a "Body Bag" or cased! I'm not optimistic after so many experts on CCF "did not like it," "did not feeling good about it," and just plain said they "feel it's been tampered with?" We'll soon know? Sarge, out
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
638 Posts
 Posted 11/25/2019  3:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Sarge50 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
" Why even post.......just send it out in the first place?"

This is the kind of comments that make a NEW guys like me hesitant to post anything or ask anyone for their expert opinion or comments? I am truly sorry I asked you for your help "sir" and I won't ask you in the future! I am also sorry I wasted your valuable time but, I wish you well and hope god continues to bless with that expert knowledge you have learned by his grace!

"Wasted Good Money" is another opinion but the fact is, it is MY "Good Money" and I'll spend it anyway I see fit and I think getting confirmation from a reputable grading facility is good for the outcome of this coin to have either confirmed fraud and legitimate grounds to fight the fight with this eBay seller on ebay and PayPal so he/she cannot Continue to sell fraudulently on eBay to other new coin collectors IF it comes back altered!!

Those that wish the outcome to be positive, you are very much appreciated! I too hope it comes back positive but all arrows point to it being altered? I almost wish I could delete this post but there are many who truly want to know the out come as I do so I will wait, post the out come and then ask admin to delete this and all my other posts!

Good hunting everyone, thank you for your friendship and great learning experience and I pray god bless you all!

Sarge, OUT

Pillar of the Community
United States
681 Posts
 Posted 11/25/2019  3:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sarge,

My opinion is that you did the right thing. You purchased using paypal, you contacted the seller. Keep all the emails and if the coin comes back as fake you will get your money back. Good luck and I actually hope we are all wrong and it is a 1922 No D.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
638 Posts
 Posted 11/25/2019  3:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Sarge50 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@hfjacinto, I think I did the right thing as
Well, your comment is very much appreciated!
Pillar of the Community
United States
705 Posts
 Posted 11/25/2019  4:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add luvmyCAM to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sarge I get beat up all the time over some of my coins and its because I take it personnel when someone tells me the truth In no time at all you will know every die pair and weak D variety for the 1922. Its an amazing variety intensely loved or fiercely hated with few neutrals on this baby. Keep working on the series your in the fray with folks who eat breath and sleep Lincoln's. I tolerate them because 98.9% of time these forum rascals are right and I love free expert opinion
Once in a while I pull one over but not often. The markets cooled some on these its a good time to pick up a nice VG-F graded example in a certified holder.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2897 Posts
 Posted 11/25/2019  4:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add srs77 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sarge50... I hope you'll stay around, personally I only learn by following posts like yours. You've done the right thing. Hang in there and if necessary fight the good fight with ebay and this seller. If it comes back good - kudos to you! Don't leave, your post has been most informational. Don't let a few bullies push you away. I'd bet they didn't mean to come off that way as some folks need to read their post before hitting send... I look forward to your future posts!
ANA Member 3171274
Vamming? What's that?
Valued Member
United States
324 Posts
 Posted 11/25/2019  4:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Lionel90 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sarge, This is a great post. I'm waiting on the out come along with everyone else and hoping for the best possible outcome.

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
638 Posts
 Posted 11/25/2019  6:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Sarge50 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@LuvmyCAM, @srs77, @Lionel90.....thanks fellas! I'm grateful for friends like you who understand its "Just A Hobby" But we'd all like a good Hit once in a while and that takes risk sometimes, RIGHT, lol! I'm a wreck waiting for the results and I really do love being on this site because of people like you who give us newbies "HOPE" and I'm glad my post bring informative feedback and I though that's what this was all about? I don't think people realize how their message is going to be taken but that's why I reread my reply's several times to not sound discouraging or like I really know something because I AM NOT AN EXPERT in coins by far! I consider myself an amateur but someday I'll be knowledgeable enough to make purchases without the fear of loosing $319 dollars! So the wait goes on until we get any news.....chow! Sarge, out
Pillar of the Community
United States
2093 Posts
 Posted 11/25/2019  11:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Greasy Fingers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sarge..I to hope you stick with us for many many more posts ( someday your post numbers will be larger than coops or coinfrogs)...always enjoy viewing your finds/posts...wishing you the best for this outcome...
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
638 Posts
 Posted 11/26/2019  09:18 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Sarge50 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Greasy Fingers.... love ya man!
Valued Member
United States
146 Posts
 Posted 11/27/2019  02:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add KYCopperCoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Watching this thread, wish ya luck Sarge. Until we educate in this hobby, it is all a gamble for sure...win some, and hopefully lose none. Sucks that we have to even worry about fakes/counterfeits, altered coins, recolored coins, misrepresented pictures, the list goes on. But if it were all wins, it wouldnt be such a thrill waiting on the mailman would it? Haha.
Page: of 7 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.14 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05