Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1952 S/S West RPM Coin Roll Hunting

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
686 Posts
 Posted 11/14/2019  03:13 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Daves Errors to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Pillar of the Community
United States
902 Posts
 Posted 11/14/2019  04:36 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinTheTerm to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hey Dave not a match on this one look on the variety Vista example how close the S is to the tip of the 5 where yours is further. RPMs positioning always matters, I'll let others come in on whether this is RPM.
Edited by CoinTheTerm
11/14/2019 04:41 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
686 Posts
 Posted 11/14/2019  04:50 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Daves Errors to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Coin The Term. I understand its not a match in the placement of the S close to the five, I should have said that. But the S looks similar to the one RPM on VV. Could be a new RPM not sure.
Edited by Daves Errors
11/14/2019 04:52 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
2109 Posts
 Posted 11/14/2019  9:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Greasy Fingers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hard to tell without a photo containing full date with mint mark..My thought..could it be an early stage D of RPM-004 (VV) before the die chip on the 5 has begun to form, I think I see a die crack on your 9. Also, No photos of stage C...good luck
Pillar of the Community
United States
686 Posts
 Posted 11/14/2019  11:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Daves Errors to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looking at the coin closer it has a lot of Die Scratches, still no match it might be a new RPM I'll send it in and see what it comes back as. Thanks everyone for your help.

Edited by Daves Errors
11/14/2019 11:27 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
2109 Posts
 Posted 11/14/2019  11:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Greasy Fingers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice added photos...Like I stated above VV rpm-004 maybe stage C or early stage D..check out first photo on VV site for Stage D..notice the bottom of 2 (west end) also die crack on leg of 9 and exiting onto field about half way down across from the vertical bar of the 5...hope I'm clear on the die markers I'm seeing..too bad I can't make an overlay of your date and mint mark along with VV's rpm-004...I hope your seeing what I'm seeing...
Pillar of the Community
United States
686 Posts
 Posted 11/15/2019  01:09 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Daves Errors to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I was ALSO looking at the five and two looks to have a lil minor Doubling. Heck I am just gonna send it in lol and see what comes back. Looking at Wexler DDO page he has a DDO-002 and the Date only looks the same as mine so it could be a RPM and a DDO.http://doubleddie.com/808639.html
Edited by Daves Errors
11/15/2019 01:23 am
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
40950 Posts
 Posted 11/15/2019  5:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
http://www.varietyvista.com/02a%20L...2SRPM013.htm
1952-S RPM-013? Did you see that one? See if the markers match?
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Pillar of the Community
United States
686 Posts
 Posted 11/15/2019  10:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Daves Errors to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That might be it Coop but my coin dose not have the Die chip in the S but the rest looks like a very close match.. Coop Wexler has a 1952 S DDO I am guessing he is saying the Date is DDO I don't know. The numbers on it look the same as mine the 5 and 2 I guess can it be both DDO/RPM?
Edited by Daves Errors
11/15/2019 10:31 pm
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.78 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05