Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

El Salvador P125a, 125b Or P134a?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
Canada
663 Posts
 Posted 11/16/2019  10:53 am Show Profile   Check walk2dwater's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add walk2dwater to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I bought this El Salvador 1 Colon as P125a but now realize it was probably mislabelled since the back bears a 1982 date. So, I figured it must be P134A BUT SWPMC has a note under "1982; 1983 Issue" (p371) that states "#134A-137 w/o sign title GERENTE at r. "(the image of the 3.6.1982 note has only 2 signature panels). If you look at this note you will see that it has 3 signatures panels (the right side has "GERENTE" on this note).

I'm left wondering if a limited number were printed as P125b (SWPMC just omitted 1982 variation) with the 1982 date printed on reverse but also with the 3 signature panels? Or could the note be P125c (BTW: SWPMC has no P125c yet if 125b have 1979 or 1980 dates then this note would not fit.

Can anyone help clarify?

Edited by walk2dwater
11/17/2019 09:40 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
650 Posts
 Posted 11/17/2019  10:08 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add lettow to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There are many errors and omissions in the Standard Catalog especially in more modern notes. I recommend you send your request to Owen Linzmeyer at the Banknote Book. His work is much more detailed for modern notes.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
663 Posts
 Posted 11/17/2019  3:58 pm  Show Profile   Check walk2dwater's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add walk2dwater to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks "lettow" I will look Owen up. The banknote Index shows 134A up very well and while the back of my note fits perfectly (same signature up on right side), the front doesn't (front has 1982 date and 2 signature panels).
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.59 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05