Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1870 And 1875 Indian Cents Grade / Condition Opionions

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 411Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
854 Posts
 Posted 11/20/2019  08:31 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add luvmyCAM to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
The 1870 shallow N is pretty washed out from harsh cleaning I call it VF20 details?. The 1875 has me stumped, the blur under UNI of united is a struck through, is original VF30 a stretch? color of both coins fairly accurate in photos. Thanks

Pillar of the Community
United States
9176 Posts
 Posted 11/20/2019  10:04 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add panzaldi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
XF details
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
50565 Posts
 Posted 11/20/2019  10:50 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'll say VF details and VF-35 (shot 40) straight, respectively.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
21342 Posts
 Posted 11/20/2019  4:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
VF-20 details, cleaned on the 70; EF-45 for the 75 even though the ribbon is a little weak. The rest of the coin on both sides is very bold and I think the color is original.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
854 Posts
 Posted 11/20/2019  7:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add luvmyCAM to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you, when I purchased the 1875 I pointed out the struck through to the dealer who had it as EF40 for $90.00 raw. I offered $70.00 as I am not into struck through coins and chimed in it distracts from the obverse, he accepted my offer. The 1870 I went about $27.00 over what I thought was fair hopeing it would be a VF30 details. I can live with the VF20 cleaned as in hand it has nice details. I am acquiring some really nice cleaned coins to the series in Fine and above at a price I can afford, I know these are not for the mainstream but I have softened on the issue the last 6 months.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2397 Posts
 Posted 11/20/2019  10:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I like both of them. I've also stopped worrying if a coin is cleaned. As long as it looks good I'm good.
  Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 411Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.39 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05