Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Need Help With 2019 LSC.

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 27 / Views: 1,769Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
United States
987 Posts
 Posted 11/21/2019  9:11 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add CoinHunter17 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I found this 2019 LSC CRH and it has something very interesting on the shield. Also, I think there is doubling either on the date or on LIBERTY. Can I get help (especially on the shield)? Thanks.

Pillar of the Community
United States
3830 Posts
 Posted 11/21/2019  11:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Greasy Fingers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Liberty does look odd to me....
Pillar of the Community
United States
987 Posts
 Posted 11/22/2019  07:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinHunter17 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Oh man I sure cant wait for an expert to chime in!
Also, what about the shield? It goes across the whole upper left of it.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2225 Posts
 Posted 11/22/2019  08:34 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add levelsofmadnes to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Are you using more than 1 light source? My USB microscope has 8 onboard LEDs.

I do NOT use those lights because it makes things look doubled.

So, I purchased an $8 desk lamp at target.

Pillar of the Community
Canada
991 Posts
 Posted 11/22/2019  3:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add GMS5 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The L and I look doubled to me from these pic's.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
47757 Posts
 Posted 11/22/2019  3:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
First clue is the EPU. Note that there is Machine Doubling (enlarging of the devices on that are incuse = MD) On a doubled die, the EPU's devices are reduced in size on a doubled die:
DDR on EPU:

Here is a machine doubled EPU:

I see that on this coin on the EPU.

The Liberty is also Shows something going on on the tops of the devices. But what is missing? On the single squeeze dies, the doubling is most of the time on the that 3-4 devices. On this one the 'L' is the only one looking enlarged. the top of the 'I' like ejection doubling. So that bay be the case on this side also.(which is usually not affected by a DDO single squeeze die) The rest are normal. Even the date is normal. But I would like see the motto devices. To see what they look like?

Here is a side by side with a normal coin:
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Edited by coop
11/22/2019 4:18 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
987 Posts
 Posted 11/22/2019  6:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinHunter17 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here are some more photos of the motto for further examination. Thank you for your time and I hope results come out well.

Pillar of the Community
United States
987 Posts
 Posted 11/22/2019  6:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinHunter17 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There is something going on with the ear.
Pillar of the Community
United States
987 Posts
 Posted 11/22/2019  7:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinHunter17 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hey guys sorry for the delay but is this a keeper? There is a very unique and possible premium I think IMO because of the shield. Any markers?
Pillar of the Community
United States
3830 Posts
 Posted 11/22/2019  10:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Greasy Fingers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
So like coop said...lets see the "In God We Trust" in order to tell if it is a DDO.......as far as the sheild goes...very common on this style cent....
Pillar of the Community
United States
987 Posts
 Posted 11/23/2019  4:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinHunter17 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ok, sorry for the delay, here is the motto:

Pillar of the Community
United States
987 Posts
 Posted 11/24/2019  09:25 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinHunter17 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well?
Edited by CoinHunter17
11/24/2019 2:37 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
987 Posts
 Posted 11/25/2019  11:58 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinHunter17 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hey Coop sorry for the delay I got pics of the motto for you.
Edited by CoinHunter17
11/25/2019 5:33 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
3830 Posts
 Posted 11/25/2019  11:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Greasy Fingers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
To me it looks normal, but I'm in no way an expert..
Pillar of the Community
United States
987 Posts
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
47757 Posts
 Posted 11/26/2019  09:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It does appear normal. (Even on the motto) why the 'L' looks different, I just haven't figured that out. Were there more like that in the roll?
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 27 / Views: 1,769Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.95 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05