Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Is It OK To Create A Thread To Monitor An Exceptional Auction: Winning Bid Posted Jan 9th, 2020

First page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 20 / Views: 1,579Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
United States
2023 Posts
 Posted 01/11/2020  4:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Zurie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Fascinating write up. You know it's rare when there's a paragraph description of every coin of that issue!
Learn More...
United States
16028 Posts
 Posted 01/11/2020  5:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
For sure eye candy, but this analysis was the most interesting part of the HA description for me:

Quote:
The small surviving population of 1927-D double eagles, 12 or 13 pieces all told, is neatly divided into three classes:

--Those which have appeared with some regularity (although not frequency) in the marketplace, and here we count seven pieces (#1-#7 below);

--Those one or two numismatic phantoms, coins that have seemingly disappeared from the numismatic marketplace, possible duplicates, one unseen since 1973, the other (if indeed it is another) unseen since 1957 (#8 and #9, respectively); and

--The four coins presumably off the market forever, ensconced in longstanding museum collections -- the Connecticut State Museum piece and the three in the Smithsonian (#10-#13 below).

"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz

Pillar of the Community
United States
2851 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2020  11:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mdpmedia to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Whenever I find any featured item in the magazine, Intelligent Review, the intrigue seems to bump up a notch which is what happened when I read about the 27D Saint discussed in this thread.

Some of the info. was already covered on Heritage's website but there are still a few new tidbits in the mag. review.

Enjoy:

http://intelligentcollector.com/golden-secret/
Pillar of the Community
United States
2415 Posts
 Posted 01/21/2020  12:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Back to the other point that T-BOP brought up:

Quote:
Spence , that was a rather fine answer you gave to OP . Maybe some day you will become a mod

Spence has always been helpful and dispenses wise advice, in my opinion. I would seriously second the nomination for Spence for Moderation-Hood.
ša va bien aller
Pillar of the Community
United States
2851 Posts
 Posted 03/15/2020  04:38 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mdpmedia to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Because of all the hype over the 27-D I failed to mention that the owner of this $ 2.1 million gem also sold the remainder of his other less expensive Saints. Pocket change:

https://www.greysheet.com/news/stor...ouble-eagles
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 20 / Views: 1,579Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.47 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05