Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2004 Nickel With Reverse Struck Through String/Thread And More Stuff

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member

Canada
207 Posts
 Posted 12/02/2019  04:50 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add JohnWayne007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
So I purchased a $100 worth of nickels and while I was searching them I found this, there are a few things on this coin that I thought I should point out. On the reverse on the C in Cent there is a strike through impression of string/thread.

Also on the Obverse there is a Die Chip in the queens hair, and Coins and Canada have the "P" listed as an error but not too sure.

Then the "20" in the date "2004" has some die issues I'm assuming as well.

If you guys have any info on how common this is would love to know your opinions, I think it is a pretty cool find that I thought I would share with the CCF.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
30401 Posts
 Posted 12/02/2019  04:53 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The 20 looks like die chips,the P may be a die chip but looks a bit more like damage. The struck through looks legit and the chip in the hair looks legit also.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
Canada
744 Posts
 Posted 12/02/2019  11:10 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add oldmike to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice strike through. The die chips are common , especially on 2001,2006 I assume from die deterioration I have some striking examples that I keep just because I like to look at them, still worth a nickel
Valued Member
Canada
207 Posts
 Posted 12/02/2019  4:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JohnWayne007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for the replies guys, I suppose it always pays off to double check your coins before rolling them back up to take back to the bank, I almost let this one go back into circulation! going through 2,000 nickels after a while they all start looking the same and you tend to overlook things. So today I'm double checking them all then going to exchange them for more tomorrow! lol
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.51 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05