Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Pagination Logic Suggestion For Topics With 15+ Pages

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10221 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2019  11:20 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
On topics that have multiple pages, we get individual links for pages 1-13, then ">>" then links for the last two pages.

For topics with 20 or more pages, especially the hot ones, links for the two most recent pages isn't really enough IMO. For instance, on the 2019 S ASE ERP thread, I may look once a day at the thread and there are already 3 pages of posts that I haven't read. So that means I click on the 2nd most recent page and then move back from there, then move forward again.

Could we trim maybe 3 (or more) of the 1-13 and move those to make it the most recent 5 pages? The original 1-5 pages and the most recent 5+ are the most relevant ones IMO, especially if you want to get the gist of the topic and catch up on the most recent chatter.

So the 5-Oz ATB thread would look similar to:
1 2 3 4 5 6 >> 299 300 301 302 304 305

Basically just looking for more of the most recent pages to have links in the nav section.
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
1759 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2019  5:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Pertinax to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This isn't needed.

See below, at the top right:

where it says Page 166 of 166

You can change the current page number to any smaller page number by clicking the drop down arrow next to the first '166'.
Life Fellow, Royal Numismatic Society

My wants list: http://goccf.com/t/283145
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10221 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2019  9:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yeah, and I use that all the time. But you already have to be in the topic to use that.

If I wanted to read page 75 of the below thread, I'd have to click into the thread, and then choose page 75 from the drop-down, where it would be quicker to pick it out of the pagination control under the topic title in the topics list.

I suspect people are far more likely to want to navigate directly to page 75 than to pages 7-13.

I also realize that everyone has their own style of navigating around CCF.
Learn More...
United States
81089 Posts
 Posted 12/09/2019  11:42 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ah. I get what you are putting down. I think it is a good idea. Will have to see what Bobby can do.
Forum Dad
Learn More...
United States
20277 Posts
 Posted 12/09/2019  1:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bobby131313 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I glanced at it yesterday thinking it might be easy, but it's a pretty elaborate function that does that. I'll look at it again soon.
Forum Dad
Learn More...
United States
20277 Posts
 Posted 12/14/2019  8:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bobby131313 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ok, I popped a new function in that appears to be working ok. I'll pop back in tomorrow to see if you found any bugs.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1590 Posts
 Posted 12/14/2019  9:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Alpha2814 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Working on: Indian quarter eagles, Chinese pandas, and San Francisco tokens; upgrading my Peace dollar and US Type sets

"Fear is the enemy of will. Will is what makes you take action; fear is what stops you, and makes you weak."
-- Sinestro to (my avatar) Hal Jordan, "Green Lantern" (2011)
Learn More...
United States
23874 Posts
 Posted 12/14/2019  10:33 pm  Show Profile   Check nss-52's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add nss-52 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I like it!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
7749 Posts
 Posted 12/15/2019  12:08 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DBM to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

"Dipping" is not considered cleaning...
-from PCGS website
Learn More...
United States
81089 Posts
Learn More...
United States
81089 Posts
Forum Dad
Learn More...
United States
20277 Posts
 Posted 12/16/2019  10:50 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bobby131313 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Think it's fixed. Let me know.
Learn More...
United States
81089 Posts
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10221 Posts
 Posted 12/16/2019  7:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
bobby, it looks & works great! Thank you!
Valued Member
United States
259 Posts
 Posted 12/18/2019  10:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add beachnut to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I love this new feature. Thank you so much for taking the time to do it.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.89 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05