Coin Community Family of Web Sites
YourCoinBox is offering a stress free way to appraise and sell your coins from the comfort of your home. Our goal is to create an ultra transparent and no pressure experience for finding out what your coins are worth and what to do with them.
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Jacob's Cent Roll Hunting Finds

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Replies: 192 / Views: 8,300Next Topic
Page: of 13
Pillar of the Community
United States
1545 Posts
 Posted 06/11/2021  9:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Oldfordman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I also save the bicentennial issues. I have not found anything interesting while weighing recently except for a roadkill cent so mangled it weighed 1.8 grams.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2315 Posts
 Posted 06/12/2021  5:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John77 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, weigh those 1982 (and 1983) cents....though they are very very rare, errors are out there such as the 1982-D Copper Small Date, and the 1983-D Copper.
CRH Nickeloholic. 1,300,000 nickels searched in five years! Already have found THREE complete Jefferson sets!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1545 Posts
 Posted 06/12/2021  10:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Oldfordman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There was also a 89d copper. Sold for a pretty low price.
Valued Member
United States
412 Posts
 Posted 06/13/2021  10:01 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tencentpenny to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have to definitely get a scale; it would be so cool to find some error cents.
Valued Member
United States
412 Posts
 Posted 06/15/2021  7:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tencentpenny to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
So far, I have only found two 1960 nickels (one a Denver mint, the other a Philadelphia mint), and a 2019 Canadian nickel, which I thought was cool. I am only saving the two from the year 1960 because pre-1960's are so tough to find these days, especially with the coin shortage. I got around eight rolls of nickels (three left to search), 12 rolls of cents, and $30 in quarters. Hopefully when I search them, I will find more to post about.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1545 Posts
 Posted 06/16/2021  10:20 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Oldfordman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Good luck!
Valued Member
United States
412 Posts
 Posted 06/16/2021  10:25 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tencentpenny to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I finished searching the rest of the nickels and cents, and found one more 1960 nickel, and a 1952 nickel. I found eight wheat cents, which I thought was very good, in the 12 rolls of cents. Now I just have the 3 rolls of quarters left to search.
Learn More...
United States
101830 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
1545 Posts
 Posted 06/16/2021  4:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Oldfordman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great finds!
Valued Member
United States
412 Posts
 Posted 06/20/2021  11:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tencentpenny to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
So far this week, I have gotten three rolls of cents, and one roll of nickels; I will wait till I get a few more rolls, than search them.
Learn More...
United States
101830 Posts
 Posted 06/21/2021  10:49 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I will wait till I get a few more rolls, than search them.
Your patience is better than mine!
Valued Member
United States
412 Posts
 Posted 06/21/2021  7:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tencentpenny to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I got lucky, and got five rolls of quarters and a roll of dimes from my bank, and another roll of cents from the gas station. I also have been searching through $1 bills for star notes and older bills, as finding coins to search is very tough these days. I did find a cool serial number with two numbers, then 606060. I think that it is called a repeater bill. I also got $50 in 1's today.
Valued Member
United States
412 Posts
 Posted 06/21/2021  9:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tencentpenny to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Here is the first find; a cool looking bat quarter; I have seen these on occasion, but not often; even the Denver and Philadelphia mints are uncommon around here it seems. I hope it is a West point, but even if it is not, I will still keep it.
Learn More...
United States
101830 Posts
Valued Member
United States
412 Posts
 Posted 06/23/2021  9:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tencentpenny to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I searched through the coins; I found two bicentennials, two bat quarters, three very shiny State Quarters (which I will keep for now), four wheat cents, and four 2009 cents.
Page: of 13 Replies: 192 / Views: 8,300Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.38 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05