Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Jacob's Cent Roll Hunting Finds

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 248 / Views: 11,198Next Topic
Page: of 17
Valued Member
United States
459 Posts
 Posted 06/23/2021  11:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tencentpenny to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

I can not believe this! I got one more roll from the gas station today, and found this 1880 IHC! I am in shock right now! Also there was a 1941 Wheat cent, and a 2009 cent also.
Learn More...
United States
104701 Posts
Pillar of the Community
984 Posts
 Posted 06/24/2021  6:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Pancake to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great Indian Head penny tencentpenny!!
Valued Member
United States
400 Posts
 Posted 06/24/2021  6:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add halfamind to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The IHC is a great gas station/roll find! Congratulations! 141 years old and in the wild.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2554 Posts
 Posted 06/24/2021  9:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Oldfordman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great find!
Valued Member
United States
459 Posts
 Posted 06/25/2021  12:07 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tencentpenny to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you everyone; I found out that one of the people at the gas station who I know well is quitting the job; he is going to school. I still have other nice people there though who can still give me rolls. My parents always tell me that change is always happening throughout our lives; also my other friend who works there just messaged me on Facebook, they already found a guy to take the one guy's place. My friend said the new guy is nice, so that is good.
Valued Member
United States
459 Posts
 Posted 06/28/2021  9:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tencentpenny to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
So, I met the new guy; he seems nice, and my friend told him how the process works with me getting coins, so that is good; I am also pulling out some 1968 coins, because that is my dad's birth year (I plan on giving some to him as a gift sometime). I will also pull out some 1963, because that is my mom's birth year, and I will give some of the 1963 coins to her also. I searched through $8 in cents, and found two wheat cents, some 2009's, two 1968's, and a 1963 Canadian (which I will give to my mom).
Pillar of the Community
United States
2554 Posts
 Posted 06/29/2021  10:48 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Oldfordman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great finds. That's very nice of you to give them to your parents.
Learn More...
United States
104701 Posts
Valued Member
United States
459 Posts
 Posted 07/02/2021  10:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tencentpenny to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I got some more rolls at the gas station; and also today at Pick N' Save, a nice guy who works there picked out some quarters for me from the register (he was picking out the newer quarters for me, as I like the shiny ones sometimes); it took him a couple of minutes to pick some out for me, it was very nice of him to take the time to do that for me. They were all 2021 quarters, one was a 2021 national park quarter, and the other three were that new design with George Washington and the Delaware river. I will save them for a while, as I like new coins when they first come out.
Learn More...
United States
104701 Posts
Valued Member
United States
459 Posts
 Posted 07/06/2021  09:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tencentpenny to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I looked through most of the rolls of cents, and so far found three wheat cents, three 2009 cents, and a 1959 cent; I will also later on sort out the copper; my method of searching cents is to first pull out the wheats and 2009's, and then pull out the copper after that.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2554 Posts
 Posted 07/06/2021  10:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Oldfordman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's how I am. I save the new ones and then get bored of them and dump them.
Valued Member
United States
459 Posts
 Posted 07/07/2021  6:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tencentpenny to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I got lucky, and was able to only get six rolls of cents from the bank, along with a roll of dimes, quarters, and halves. I must have stumbled upon a small collection dump, because I found seven wheat cents, three shiny 1960's cents, one 1962 Canadian cent, one S mintmark, one 1964-D error cent (raised edge), one 1967 dime that is a possible grease error, one 1968 cent for my dad, and two dented up cents. I am very happy with my finds.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2554 Posts
 Posted 07/07/2021  6:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Oldfordman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Post the errors in the Errors and Varieties section.
Page: of 17 Previous TopicReplies: 248 / Views: 11,198Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.35 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05