Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Jacob's Cent Roll Hunting Finds

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Replies: 239 / Views: 10,555Next Topic
Page: of 16
Learn More...
United States
104015 Posts
Valued Member
United States
453 Posts
 Posted 07/13/2021  10:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tencentpenny to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have been saving rolls from the gas station, from each trip, so I will have a good amount to search. I am guessing I have at least $10 in cents, and $4 in nickels so far. My goal is to get to $20 in cents, and $10 in nickels, before I open all of the rolls. I think that it is a good goal.
Learn More...
United States
104015 Posts
 Posted 07/14/2021  09:48 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
My goal is to get to $20 in cents, and $10 in nickels, before I open all of the rolls. I think that it is a good goal.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2548 Posts
 Posted 07/14/2021  09:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Oldfordman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm looking forward to your finds!
Valued Member
United States
453 Posts
 Posted 07/14/2021  6:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tencentpenny to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Update on the amount of rolls: I got another $3 in cents from my bank today, that is all they had today. So up to around $13 in cents, and still at $4 for the nickels.
Learn More...
United States
104015 Posts
Valued Member
United States
453 Posts
 Posted 07/19/2021  1:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tencentpenny to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Also one of the reasons I coin roll hunt is that awesome feeling when I find something amazing, like an IHC for example. That is also why I look for old home sites, rock collecting, etc.
Valued Member
United States
453 Posts
 Posted 07/19/2021  8:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tencentpenny to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I got $5 in cents from the gas station, and saw a 1949 Wheat cent ender on one of the rolls. I am still saving the rolls for the future (basically whenever I clean my room and make space so I can search the rolls).
Pillar of the Community
United States
2548 Posts
 Posted 07/19/2021  9:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Oldfordman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
That is also why I look for old home sites, rock collecting, etc.

For looking for home sites I use Caltopo. I am not a advertiser for them but their website you can turn to maps for the 30's, 1915, and for some places the 1880's to 1900. I use it to find metal detecting spots. This is free and Google caltopo and look for the thing with the maps.
Learn More...
United States
104015 Posts
 Posted 07/20/2021  09:49 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
...basically whenever I clean my room and make space so I can search the rolls.
Got to have space to do the work.
Valued Member
United States
453 Posts
 Posted 07/25/2021  12:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tencentpenny to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I made my goal, I have exactly $20 in rolled cents, and $8-$10 in rolled nickels. Just have to either clean my room, or search them at the kitchen table (though my coins are so unorganized, I would like to organize the coins before I add more). My mom offered to help me organize my coins, so that is good.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2548 Posts
 Posted 07/25/2021  5:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Oldfordman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looking forward to seeing your finds!
Learn More...
United States
104015 Posts
 Posted 07/26/2021  08:53 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Excellent!

Quote:
My mom offered to help me organize my coins, so that is good.
Never decline help from mom.
Valued Member
United States
453 Posts
 Posted 08/05/2021  09:22 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tencentpenny to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I still have to look through the coins, and I have even more coins to look through now (I got some dimes and nickels from the bank, plus more coins from the gas station, and I now have a full box of cents). I just wanted to post an update, as I have not forgotten, just been busy.
Valued Member
United States
453 Posts
 Posted 08/07/2021  5:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tencentpenny to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I found a bent 1969 Canadian dime in a Coin Star reject slot yesterday.
Page: of 16 Replies: 239 / Views: 10,555Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.39 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05