Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Jacob's Roll Hunting Finds

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 326 / Views: 15,475Next Topic
Page: of 22
Pillar of the Community
United States
523 Posts
 Posted 11/25/2021  08:18 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tencentpenny to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have to wait until Christmas day to open the coins, as it is my Christmas gift from my parents; I did open the boxes to make sure they were older coins, and they are all circulated. I just have to wait until Christmas to actually do the searching though.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
524 Posts
 Posted 11/25/2021  09:04 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coinman91 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very exciting, awesome gift.
RCNA Member

There's always two sides to the coin if you have the patience to see. -Kathryn Budig
Learn More...
United States
108505 Posts
 Posted 11/26/2021  10:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I just have to wait until Christmas to actually do the searching though.
Enjoy!
Pillar of the Community
United States
523 Posts
 Posted 11/27/2021  10:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tencentpenny to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
After Christmas, I may look at all of my coin roll hunting finds for as far back as I can remember, and do a CRH timeline of my best finds. One thing I remember is the V-nickel ender that I found in 2018. I still have the picture, and I think it may be what started this thread originally. Also I got a Canadian (1965 Canadian penny) ender today from the gas station. I also searched a friend's change jar at Thanksgiving, and found a 1920 Wheat cent, and some older nickels.
Learn More...
United States
108505 Posts
 Posted 11/29/2021  09:48 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I may look at all of my coin roll hunting finds for as far back as I can remember, and do a CRH timeline of my best finds.
Pillar of the Community
United States
523 Posts
 Posted 11/29/2021  9:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tencentpenny to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I also looked through my mom's coin jar tonight for State Quarters for my folder, and I also pulled out a nice 1998-P quarter in really good condition (it has a lot of luster on it I think). I also pulled out the state and national parks quarters, and tomorrow I will look through the state/national parks quarters, and pull out the best condition ones, and toss the rest back. I want my folder to have nice coins in it.
Pillar of the Community
United States
523 Posts
 Posted 11/29/2021  9:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tencentpenny to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I was also reading about registry sets; it would possibly be a fun activity to do; basically competing against other coin collectors, and trying to get a good collection established. It sounds fun.
Learn More...
United States
108505 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
523 Posts
 Posted 12/01/2021  6:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tencentpenny to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I went to the bank, got a box of cents and some halves, and the teller saved me an old $20 bill and a star note $5. So far, I opened one roll of halves; just a 2001 half dollar so far as a possible keeper.
Pillar of the Community
United States
523 Posts
 Posted 12/02/2021  8:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tencentpenny to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Update: no silver, but two NIFC's, a 2004 and a 2010. I will open the box of cents sometime soon.
Pillar of the Community
United States
523 Posts
 Posted 12/03/2021  10:10 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tencentpenny to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I also got some wheat cents from some nice people we know at an auction house; it was very nice of them to give me the wheat cents.
Learn More...
United States
108505 Posts
 Posted 12/03/2021  9:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
... but two NIFC's, a 2004 and a 2010.
Very nice!

Quote:
I also got some wheat cents from some nice people we know at an auction house; it was very nice of them to give me the wheat cents.
Outstanding people!
Pillar of the Community
United States
523 Posts
 Posted 12/08/2021  9:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tencentpenny to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am also getting two boxes of cents from my aunt for Christmas I found out. It is all very exciting. I went to dump some coins, but the coin machine was getting fixed. They have another machine across the street at the drive thru branch (I have used the two different machines before, it is cool that they have two machines). I was short on time, and didn't have time to use the other machine. I still got Three Cent rolls using three half-dollars. I still have to look through them.
Learn More...
United States
108505 Posts
 Posted 12/09/2021  09:31 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I am also getting two boxes of cents from my aunt for Christmas I found out. It is all very exciting... I still got Three Cent rolls using three half-dollars. I still have to look through them.
Good luck!
Pillar of the Community
United States
523 Posts
 Posted 12/17/2021  4:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tencentpenny to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
We picked up the two boxes today, but I must wait to open them at my aunt's house. My aunt's bank would not order the boxes, so we had to order them through our bank. They are both Loomis boxes.
Page: of 22 Previous TopicReplies: 326 / Views: 15,475Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.39 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: