Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Jacob's Roll Hunting Finds

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 348 / Views: 19,004Next Topic
Page: of 24
Pillar of the Community
United States
564 Posts
 Posted 01/09/2022  09:26 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tencentpenny to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I started on the box of quarters (today is my birthday), and I was looking at a 2019 quarter under a bright light for a W mint mark, and the light glimmered off the coin into my eye, and it hurt for a second; my eyes are fairly sensitive; so I need to be more careful; also it was a P mintmark, not a W.
Learn More...
United States
112157 Posts
 Posted 01/10/2022  11:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I was looking at a 2019 quarter under a bright light for a W mint mark

Quote:
and the light glimmered off the coin into my eye, and it hurt for a second; my eyes are fairly sensitive; so I need to be more careful;

Quote:
also it was a P mintmark, not a W.
Pillar of the Community
United States
564 Posts
 Posted 01/11/2022  08:38 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tencentpenny to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
No W's or silver; what a bust, but at least I can use the $1,000 to buy more quarters.
Learn More...
United States
112157 Posts
 Posted 01/11/2022  12:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
No W's or silver; what a bust...

Quote:
... but at least I can use the $1,000 to buy more quarters.
Pillar of the Community
United States
564 Posts
 Posted 01/14/2022  11:26 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tencentpenny to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I just found a silver dime (1959-D) in only four rolls of dimes ($20 worth); I also got a box of cents to search, the bank just gave it to me, they said they always keep extra coins on hand just for me. I also have two more cent boxes coming in next week that I ordered.
Learn More...
United States
112157 Posts
 Posted 01/14/2022  2:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I just found a silver dime (1959-D) in only four rolls of dimes ($20 worth)
Excellent!
Pillar of the Community
United States
564 Posts
 Posted 01/20/2022  6:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tencentpenny to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I started looking through the cent boxes; they have been very good boxes so far; I found my first 1960-P small date cent ever!

Learn More...
United States
112157 Posts
 Posted 01/21/2022  09:48 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I found my first 1960-P small date cent ever!
Fantastic!
Pillar of the Community
United States
564 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2022  6:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tencentpenny to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I got one box of cents, one box of nickels, and around $70 in dimes today, all from the bank; I also got a nickel roll and two rolls of cents at the gas station, plus a 1939 Wheat cent.
Pillar of the Community
United States
564 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2022  08:41 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tencentpenny to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
So far, in the dimes, a 1955-S silver dime was found, and in the nickels so far, I found a WW2 nickel, and some older ones. I might go through the coins again, as I searched them kind of fast; to look for 2009's, etc.
Learn More...
United States
112157 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
564 Posts
 Posted 01/29/2022  7:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tencentpenny to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I got about $100 in dimes, and found two silver dimes; a 1947 and a 1962 (I can't remember the mint marks right now); I have had amazing luck with dimes recently. I still have about $60 in cents to look through.
Learn More...
United States
112157 Posts
 Posted 01/31/2022  1:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
found two silver dimes; a 1947 and a 1962
Excellent!
Pillar of the Community
United States
564 Posts
 Posted 02/03/2022  08:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tencentpenny to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I started to look through the cents, so far the oldest find was a 1914 Wheat cent; I also searched three rolls of halves, but only found a 2018-D. I still have three rolls of small dollar coins to search, I plan on taking a picture of the three rolls, and looking through them, and posting on the small dollar searching thread. So far, I am very happy with my finds.
Learn More...
United States
112157 Posts
 Posted 02/03/2022  10:22 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
so far the oldest find was a 1914 Wheat cent
Outstanding!

Quote:
So far, I am very happy with my finds.
Page: of 24 Previous TopicReplies: 348 / Views: 19,004Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.46 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: