Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Jacob's Roll Hunting Finds

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 361 / Views: 20,981Next Topic
Page: of 25
Pillar of the Community
United States
575 Posts
 Posted 02/10/2022  10:01 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tencentpenny to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have noticed that in my town, older dimes are getting less common, even the clad 1965-1969 dimes; the oldest one I found in a roll recently was a 1971-D; I have found some silver, but since the last batch of dimes where I found that 1959-D silver, there has not been many dimes from the 1960s. I plan on getting five more rolls of dimes tomorrow (my mom gave me $25 for an early Valentine's day present) to keep testing my observation on older clad dimes getting rarer. I will also get more dimes when I have the chance, like maybe another $50. Also my bank is experiencing a coin shortage again, my box of cents didn't come in this week because of that the teller said.
Pillar of the Community
United States
575 Posts
 Posted 02/12/2022  09:02 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tencentpenny to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I found a Lowell W quarter yesterday from 6 rolls of quarters from my bank; I will probably hold onto it, and wait until I find two more W quarters, then try to sell them in a lot on eBay.
Learn More...
United States
113567 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
2834 Posts
 Posted 02/21/2022  9:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Oldfordman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice finds!
Pillar of the Community
United States
575 Posts
 Posted 03/06/2022  5:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tencentpenny to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
While I was at the bank, one of the tellers gave me an Eisenhower dollar from 1976. It was clad, but still cool.
Learn More...
United States
113567 Posts
 Posted 03/07/2022  09:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
While I was at the bank, one of the tellers gave me an Eisenhower dollar from 1976. It was clad, but still cool.
Any Eisenhower dollar is cool!

I admit my bias.
Pillar of the Community
United States
575 Posts
 Posted 03/15/2022  8:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tencentpenny to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I just got two boxes of cents ($50), $60 in nickels, a roll of halves, some older $2 bills (1976, and one is a star note), and some rolls of coins from the gas station. I also have some other cent rolls to search through. I am excited to look through these rolls. Also for Easter, my parents are hiding different rolls of cents and nickels outside (we have 7 acres, so it should be fun).
Learn More...
United States
113567 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
575 Posts
 Posted 03/17/2022  11:18 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tencentpenny to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I found a Buffalo nickel (it has been ages since I found one); I am very happy with my find.

Learn More...
United States
113567 Posts
 Posted 03/17/2022  11:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I found a Buffalo nickel (it has been ages since I found one); I am very happy with my find.
Outstanding!
Pillar of the Community
United States
575 Posts
 Posted 03/24/2022  7:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tencentpenny to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have not sold many finds that I have found over the years, and I hope to gather them all up and post them (these finds could span back as much as 10 years. I am 23 years old, and have been coin collecting since as young as I can remember, and coin roll hunting for at least 14 years. I will mention a while back, I sold some wheat cents on eBay, but most of my silver finds and nickels I have still. I have V-nickels, Buffalo nickels, some wheat cents, a few IHC's, many silver dimes, WW2 silver nickels, tons of pre-1960 nickels, even tons more of 1960's and a few early 1970's nickels, S mint marks, and a lot more; I have been wanting to do this for a while; I have no idea how long this will take; I should be getting some type of job soon, so I can make money to get more coins. Also I hope to find a job dealing with coins (cashier, teller, etc). So definitely be watching for the ultimate post.
Pillar of the Community
United States
575 Posts
 Posted 03/24/2022  7:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tencentpenny to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I looked through coin rolls with my grandparents up until the year 2016, when my grandma sadly passed away. Before she died, we spent a lot of time together coin roll hunting. My grandpa and I would drive to numerous banks to ask for coins, and to dump some searched coins; most banks that we did not have accounts at refused to give us any coins or let us dump them. Back then, my grandpa and grandma used TCF bank, and luckily between that bank and my bank (Town bank, the one I currently use) helped us out a lot; we would dump and pick up coins at both banks. Then my grandpa switched to a credit union called Landmark CU; they are horrible for coin roll hunting; they even charge customers with accounts 12 cents each roll of coins, and a fee to dump there; they are awful. It was shortly after that that my grandma died.
Edited by tencentpenny
03/24/2022 7:34 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
575 Posts
 Posted 04/13/2022  09:46 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tencentpenny to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I got a box of halves yesterday; so far, no silver; I still have to search them for errors though; I did find a few NIFC halves.
Learn More...
United States
113567 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
575 Posts
 Posted 05/08/2022  08:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tencentpenny to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The box of halves from before was a skunk for silver; I recently found a 1924 mercury head dime in a dime roll from my the gas station; I have also been searching cents and nickels; I just bought some new cent folders yesterday, and I have already filled it almost 3/4 full (it is for 1975-2013 cents, which are very easy to find). This past week, I also found some wheat cents, a few Canadian pennies, and a penny from an unknown country (it has a pig on the back, and says one cent). I still have some more cents to search; I just wanted to post an update of recent finds.
Page: of 25 Previous TopicReplies: 361 / Views: 20,981Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.45 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: