Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Jacob's Cent Roll Hunting Finds

First page | Previous Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 53 / Views: 2,739Next Topic
Page: of 4
Valued Member
United States
285 Posts
 Posted 08/27/2020  7:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tencentpenny to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I searched the coins; nothing in the cents or quarters; a 1939 nickel and a non-silver 1942 nickel from the nickels; and a 1951 silver dime from the dimes. Only three finds, but it was fun!
Learn More...
United States
92332 Posts
 Posted 08/30/2020  12:16 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Three finds and some fun along the way. I will call that a success.
Valued Member
United States
285 Posts
 Posted 09/02/2020  9:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tencentpenny to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Last Monday, I got some coins; I wore gloves and washed my hands very well afterward (I looked through most of them right away). I found: some wheat cents, and two silver dimes (1946 and 1964 silver dimes). I still have some unopened nickel rolls, which I may try to sell for a small premium (either on this site or Craigslist). I also do not search these coins for errors, so if any error collectors want to buy these coins from me, I would be willing to sell them for a small premium (I would roll or bag them). I have a coin sorter/counter at my house, plus I would also roll/bag/count them by hand to make sure the amounts are accurate. Also any suggestions/advice would be welcome; I still need to get boxes to send the coins in. I do have 2x2 flips available for individual coins. With the nationwide coin shortage, this may be a great opportunity for some people to get the coins they want. Thank you for taking the time to read this.
Valued Member
United States
285 Posts
 Posted 09/03/2020  09:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tencentpenny to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I will probably only sell silver coins instead; I was talking with someone, and they mentioned that shipping charges would eat up my profits.
Valued Member
United States
285 Posts
 Posted 10/26/2020  8:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tencentpenny to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I got $200 in mixed rolls of coins from the bank; so far, I have found some wheat cents.
Edited by tencentpenny
10/26/2020 10:37 pm
Learn More...
United States
92332 Posts
 Posted 10/27/2020  4:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I got $200 in mixed rolls of coins from the bank; so far, I have found some wheat cents.
Very nice!
Valued Member
United States
285 Posts
 Posted 10/27/2020  6:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tencentpenny to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nothing in the rest of the coins; I was going to keep some of the quarters, but ended up dumping them today for some $1 bills to look through; I also got one more roll of quarters along with the $1 bills when I dumped the other quarters. I will look through the one roll soon at post the results; still have not found one W, hopefully I will find one soon.
Learn More...
United States
92332 Posts
Page: of 4 Previous TopicReplies: 53 / Views: 2,739Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.22 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05