Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Jacob's Cent Roll Hunting Finds

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Replies: 97 / Views: 4,387Next Topic
Page: of 7
Learn More...
United States
97869 Posts
 Posted 03/05/2021  11:40 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
...I found some Canadian pennies and wheat cents; I even found some dimes in the cent rolls.
Very nice!
Valued Member
United States
334 Posts
 Posted 03/09/2021  09:49 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tencentpenny to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I also found a 1977 foreign coin with a pig on the back, which inspired me to keep coins with animals on them. I will start to save the 2005 bison nickels, and I will include those with my findings. I am going to the bank today, to try and get some nickels, to look for 2005 bison nickels. I will also save 2005 tree nickels, for a separate collection (I will have a collection with coins with crops/trees/plants on them).
Edited by tencentpenny
03/09/2021 4:25 pm
Learn More...
United States
97869 Posts
Valued Member
United States
334 Posts
 Posted 03/11/2021  2:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tencentpenny to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

I found this WW2 nickel ender (1943-S), and the other picture is of the rolls I got. I have looked through most of them, and found the one WW2 nickel ender, some older nickels, some tree nickels, a dime in one of the cent rolls, some wheat cents, etc. Also the brown rolls are not CWR, they are MWR.
Learn More...
United States
97869 Posts
Valued Member
United States
334 Posts
 Posted 03/12/2021  8:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tencentpenny to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I got one roll of dimes, one roll of nickels, and two rolls of cents from the gas station, plus my friend gave me a cool foreign coin; nothing in the dimes or cents, but found a 1941 nickel (can't remember if it had a mint mark or not, I put it in my coffee can full of pre-1960 nickels already; a 2005 bison nickel for my animal coins collection; and a 2005 tree nickel, for my plants/crops coin collection. I am very happy with my finds.
Valued Member
United States
334 Posts
 Posted 03/13/2021  10:10 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tencentpenny to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I ended up dumping the 2005 nickels, as they are too common. I am saving quarters, because a friend of mine and I are talking about starting an arcade someday.
Edited by tencentpenny
03/13/2021 10:11 am
Valued Member
United States
334 Posts
 Posted 03/21/2021  08:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tencentpenny to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My great grandma just passed away about two weeks ago; my great aunt gave me her coin jar. So far, I have found a Wheat cent from 1951, and also a 1976 Eisenhower dollar. It was very nice of them to give me the coin jar.
Learn More...
United States
97869 Posts
Valued Member
United States
334 Posts
 Posted 03/26/2021  09:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tencentpenny to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A few days ago, I got about $100 in dimes, and found a 1963-D silver dime; I also got some nickels, and found some older nickels. Yesterday, I went back to the bank, and got $5 in cents, and $15 in dimes, and found a 1956-D silver dime, and one Wheat cent. I am very happy with my finds.
Learn More...
United States
97869 Posts
Valued Member
United States
265 Posts
 Posted 03/29/2021  5:14 pm  Show Profile   Check Diy89Nurm7's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Diy89Nurm7 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Condolences, too. It's interesting what you can find in those rolls. You might want to hang on to rolls that are completely uncirculated ones that armored services deliver to banks. Some of them can become valuable in the future or at least go up in value.

Keep posting and stay well,
Diy89Nurm7
Stay well,
Diy89Nurm7
Valued Member
United States
334 Posts
 Posted 03/29/2021  7:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tencentpenny to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I can't get any coins early this week, as we have to go to the funeral. I have gotten rolls of uncirculated coins in the past, including a $100 box of nickels, which I dumped back at the bank, but now I wish I had hung on to them. In the future, I will try to hang on to any uncirculated coins that I come across. I have sold some older uncirculated rolls that I got lucky and got from my small town bank once. Hopefully later this week, I will be able to go to the bank. Thank you jbuck and Diy89Nurm7 for the kind words; it means a lot to me.
Valued Member
United States
334 Posts
 Posted 04/07/2021  4:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tencentpenny to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I got a box of quarters, and a box of cents for Easter; I am pulling out the state and parks quarters for filling up folders. So far, the cents are amazing; I found a steel 1943 cent, a bunch of random wheat cents, and a 2000-S proof cent. It has been an amazing hunt so far!

Learn More...
United States
97869 Posts
Page: of 7 Replies: 97 / Views: 4,387Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.86 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05