Immediate goal: get a 2020-dated coin for the upcoming HFBCWG-6. This is really a 2019 goal that spilled over into 2020; the deadline is roughly January 7th.
That did indeed happen.
1) Get some more missing dates for my OFEY
...Though less than I expected. CoViD-19 seriously cut into my coin shopping, and when I went back I got distracted by banknotes
1a) In particular, fill in the remaining post-1800 holes (1850, 1847, 1845, 1844, 1839, 1829, 1827, 1823, 1821, 1817, 1811)
1850, 1845, 1839, 1829. The other seven are still missing. (Admittedly it's not like I actively looked recently.)
1b) If possible, get an unbroken line even further back
Haha nope. Though I did fill up a bunch of 18th and 17th
century gaps as well.
1c) Regardless of any actual progress, take photos of all of those coins for posting on CCF (this is harder than it sounds, because the smartphone serving as my camera has horrible battery problems)
Haha nope. Though it would be an interesting project now that I figured out that my new smartphone isn't actually too bad at taking coin pics
2) Related to the above: get some dated Islamic coins from the 15th century AD
Not that I could recall, alas. None of the places where I shopped had much of that.
2a) Non-Islamic dated (and/or single-year-type) coins from the 15th century AD would be welcome, but unlikely to fit within my budget
This was never expected to happen in the first place.
2b) Dated coins from before the 15th century are useful as well, though I already have a bunch of those
One or two 14th century dates, IIRC. Don't recall offhand.
3) Get to 400 issuers on Numista (currently 348)... if that's still a thing by the time I get there
. Long way to go.
3a) If possible, also get to 250 countries (currently 234)
. Even longer way to go.
Quote:Got a Draped Bust cent, though it's not in the album yet (pending confirmation of variety ID).
4) Fill some of the remaining holes in my Dansco 7070 album
4a) In particular, get at least one classic commemorative, and at least one Seated Liberty silver
5) Get at least one more coin for my Romanian type set attempt
Not that I could recall.
5a) If I can find some Mongolian coins I didn't have yet, that would be cool as well
Ditto, though I did add some Icelandic types.
6) Formalize my USSR non-commemorative type set progress, figure out what (if anything) I'm still missing, and get it (...discounting the 1921 ruble and the gold, which are out of my budget)
Never got around to it, though by sheer luck I did get the 1921 ruble (actually 1922).
7) Formalize my Russian Empire AE type set, and fill at least some of the holes
Yes to the latter, no to the former (I did find an old list, but I don't have access to it at the moment).
It looks like most of what I'm still missing is rare, though.