Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Proof ASE Went Up Almost $9

First page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 50 / Views: 3,424Next Topic
Page: of 4
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10627 Posts
 Posted 01/09/2020  11:05 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My card was charged the $64.50 this morning. The upsides:

1. I'll have my W Proof ASE shortly
2. It was on subscription so there was no charge for shipping
3. That subscription purchase counts as one of my 3 for the loyalty program.

The downside... my card was charged $64.50.
Learn More...
United States
90284 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
2413 Posts
 Posted 01/09/2020  11:49 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I'll have my W Proof ASE shortly

We are talking about Fedex "slow" post correct? You get the stuff fast? Usually it's delivered to me by sloths that are on strike.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10627 Posts
 Posted 01/09/2020  6:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I expect it'll be in my mailbox in about a week. Usually takes a couple extra days as it bounces from Houston to Dallas and then finally to Austin.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1542 Posts
 Posted 01/09/2020  8:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bret to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Since spot Ag prices are up ~15% Jan 19 to Jan 20, I guess the ~15% price increase in the Ag coins is somewhat justified

Silver only made up about 30% of the cost of the ASE's. If they're using that logic, then they're just increasing gross margin on the rest even though the cost of the remaining 70% has not gone up that much if any. If the cost of silver goes down by half, I'd be willing to be that they don't cut the prices of ASE's in half. There's one primary reason that they're raising prices and it has virtually nothing to do with cost. The mint is a monopoly, so they simply can. If it was a competitive market, these coins wouldn't cost near as much. Of course if multiple companies were making them, then they wouldn't be special. Still, it would be interesting if private companies could make legal tender coins.
Pillar of the Community
United States
714 Posts
 Posted 01/09/2020  8:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wyzeguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Part of the Mints plan all along. Create new collectors by releasing the hottest item in over 20 years and then "Boom"- raise the price. New price coincides with that of the S-ERP so most wont even question it.
Valued Member
United States
115 Posts
 Posted 01/12/2020  11:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Erscolo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Good thing I have never collected these bullion coins. No cost before, no cost now, and no cost in the future.
Pillar of the Community
United States
684 Posts
 Posted 01/13/2020  9:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MrPink2018 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
maybe the other forthcoming ASE's costs will also be raised (the W uncirculated/burnished & S-mint proof).
Pillar of the Community
United States
714 Posts
 Posted 01/13/2020  10:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wyzeguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
maybe the other forthcoming ASE's costs will also be raised (the W uncirculated/burnished & S-mint proof).

Pretty sure that's a given.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2413 Posts
 Posted 01/13/2020  10:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm expecting them to get more expensive. The silver proof set will probably got up to at least $60.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10627 Posts
 Posted 01/13/2020  11:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Good thing I have never collected these bullion coins. No cost before, no cost now, and no cost in the future.

How very nice for you. However, proof ASEs aren't bullion. Go fish.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4865 Posts
 Posted 01/14/2020  07:45 am  Show Profile   Check Foxwoods Man's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Foxwoods Man to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yup...kinda lame to bad mouth what collectors prefer to collect

Guess he didn't try to get the 2019 ERP "bullion" either
Edited by Foxwoods Man
01/14/2020 07:46 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
2413 Posts
 Posted 01/14/2020  08:34 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well technically he/she is correct. All ASE are bullion (just as an example Red Book, the grading companies, etc consider ASE even AGE as bullion coins), but the proofs , even the older series sell (for example the 1986-1996 sell for more than a 2019/2020 ASE) for a premium over the bullion price. So they are also numinastic products. But I'm not happy with the price increase.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10627 Posts
 Posted 01/18/2020  12:02 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
...and they arrived today. Lovely coins, as always.
Learn More...
United States
90284 Posts
 Posted 01/18/2020  01:41 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
...and they arrived today. Lovely coins, as always.
Excellent!
Page: of 4 Previous TopicReplies: 50 / Views: 3,424Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.9 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05