Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

How Far Back Can We Go? Sixth Edition!

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 5,197 / Views: 114,199Next Topic
Page: of 347
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
16108 Posts
 Posted 08/06/2020  10:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1822 Kingdom of Bavaria
(German states)
1 Pfennig.- Maximilian I Joseph.

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
16108 Posts
 Posted 08/07/2020  12:06 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1821 Coronet Liberty Head Large Cents
Matron Early Copper Penny.

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
16108 Posts
 Posted 08/07/2020  12:09 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1821 A Kingdom of Prussia
(German states)
1 Pfenning - Friedrich Wilhelm III.

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
16108 Posts
 Posted 08/07/2020  12:15 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1821 Free imperial city of Frankfurt
(German states) .
1 Heller.

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8975 Posts
 Posted 08/07/2020  12:17 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add pepactonius to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1821 -- British East India Company / St Helena -- 1/2 penny:

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8975 Posts
 Posted 08/07/2020  12:17 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add pepactonius to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1821 -- United states, 25 cents:

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8975 Posts
 Posted 08/07/2020  12:18 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add pepactonius to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1821 -- United States, 50 centrs:

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9020 Posts
 Posted 08/07/2020  01:54 am  Show Profile   Check paralyse's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add paralyse to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My only coin from 1821 is this 1821 Large Cent, Newcomb N-2. No idea why someone slabbed this coin originally, as it's not particularly valuable, nor scarce, and definitely not high grade.

Member ANA - EAC - TNA - SSDC
Specializing in 1932-1964 Washington quarters

"Most of the things worth doing in the world had been declared impossible before they were done." -- Louis D. Brandeis
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
7512 Posts
 Posted 08/07/2020  03:36 am  Show Profile   Check NumisRob's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add NumisRob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Three 1821 British coins in three metals:

Copper farthing:

Silver crown:

Gold sovereign:
Pillar of the Community
New Zealand
1349 Posts
 Posted 08/07/2020  04:56 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Princetane to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice group of coins NumisRob!

Love the anchor coins and the St Helena Halfpenny too - which became important with its famous Prisoner - croaking this year we are in.

Will 2021 see the demife of this century's Napoleon?

My 1821 coin is this cleaned and slashed Halfcrown.

I kind of like it as its hard type to find, but the dealer I got it off held them for 2 weeks and I found it it was becuase I had not paid his postage fee by a few dollars (Honest mistake, he could have told me). He also increased it significiantly for no reason at all.

Generally nearly every coin I have bought off him, has been overgraded and overpriced and he has been very slow to send and badly packed. This will be my last purchase off him.

I will be more cheerful tomorrow.
Loving Halfcrowns. British and Commonwealth coins 1750 - 1950 and anything Kiwi.
If it's round, shiny and silvery I will love it.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
865 Posts
 Posted 08/07/2020  1:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Classic Coins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pillar of the Community
New Zealand
1349 Posts
 Posted 08/07/2020  3:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Princetane to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Those Bust coins are beautiful - so simple and yet so elegant.

Pepa - the colouring on your quarter is just - wow - seems to bounce off the surface! What a coin!
Loving Halfcrowns. British and Commonwealth coins 1750 - 1950 and anything Kiwi.
If it's round, shiny and silvery I will love it.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1299 Posts
 Posted 08/07/2020  4:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add AcesKings to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Learn More...
United States
17170 Posts
 Posted 08/07/2020  5:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here is a (raw) brother to @paralyze's coin for today:

"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8975 Posts
 Posted 08/08/2020  12:06 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add pepactonius to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1820 -- Kingdom of Navarre, 3 maravedis:

Page: of 347 Previous TopicReplies: 5,197 / Views: 114,199Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.98 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05