Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

How Far Back Can We Go? Sixth Edition! We Need - 1486 C. E. ( A. H. 891 ) -

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 6,539 / Views: 245,719Next Topic
Page: of 436
Learn More...
United States
108395 Posts
 Posted 08/27/2021  12:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looking good!

The Fifth Edition may only have a month left.
Learn More...
United States
22010 Posts
 Posted 08/27/2021  9:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm hopeful too @jbuck, but unless we get some more amazing coins from @grin, then I think we may have additional stoppers.

I think that I usual post my Pomeranian Schilling for 1489, but I thought that I'd switch things up today. Here is an undated Hungarian Denar, but the K/P and rosette in the inscription let me definitely date this to 1489 AD. I have it attributed as Frynas H.34.40 and Huszar 722-A.

"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz
Learn More...
United States
22010 Posts
 Posted 08/28/2021  6:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here is my Half Stuiver from the Netherlands City of Nijmegen. It is dated 1488 AD and is attributed as Levinson III-199. Unfortunately, I've now got a couple holes so will sit on sidelines for our next two years.

-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5234 Posts
 Posted 08/30/2021  12:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tdziemia to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Stuck again so soon?

Learn More...
United States
108395 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Russian Federation
3769 Posts
 Posted 08/30/2021  2:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add january1may to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Title notice restored.
Restored incorrectly; we need 1487/892.
Learn More...
United States
108395 Posts
 Posted 08/30/2021  2:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Restored incorrectly; we need 1487/892.
Yikes! I forgot to subtract.

Fixed.
Learn More...
United States
22010 Posts
 Posted 08/30/2021  3:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Stuck.unless @grinya has another coin up his/her sleeve.
-----Ghanaian proverb

-----King Adz
Pillar of the Community
Russian Federation
3769 Posts
 Posted 08/31/2021  02:36 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add january1may to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Stuck unless @grinya has another coin up his/her sleeve.
Yeah, and I believe 1486 will be another hard one, though after that there should be no more gaps until 1460.

A few years ago I bought a coin that I thought was datable to 1487, but it turned out that the last digit of the date was off flan. (I hadn't looked for die matches, though.)
I'll probably post it in a few weeks or when we get a proper 1487 posted, whatever happens earlier.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5234 Posts
 Posted 08/31/2021  3:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tdziemia to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The closest I've got is an example of this undated coin from Brabant that I've posted before, but since it doesn't move us back, I won't post photos again: https://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces98916.html

It was minted June, 1487 to November, 1488, too broad to move us back.

Learn More...
United States
108395 Posts
 Posted 08/31/2021  4:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
It was minted June, 1487 to November, 1488, too broad to move us back.
Learn More...
United States
108395 Posts
Valued Member
Russian Federation
148 Posts
 Posted 09/07/2021  03:09 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Grinya to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Stuck.unless @grinya has another coin up his/her sleeve.

I don't have...:(

My dated coins are mostly from the earlier (Golden horde) or later (Russian) ages...

Pillar of the Community
Russian Federation
3769 Posts
 Posted 09/07/2021  09:55 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add january1may to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Might as well post the closest I have...

Shirvanshahs of Shemakha, Derbendi dynasty, Farrukhsiyar (Farrukhyasar).
AR tanka, third standard (about 2.06 g). Shemakha mint.
Album 2471.3, Zlobin type 043.0, minted 892-4 AH (1487-9 AD), dated 89x (mostly off flan).

Sorry for all the glare in the photos; the coin is in a 2x2 holder.
@Grinya - you have a chance of getting one even if you don't have one right now; dated coins of the Shirvanshahs do show up every so often. Of course 892 is also a known date in the Qrim akce series.
Learn More...
United States
108395 Posts
Page: of 436 Previous TopicReplies: 6,539 / Views: 245,719Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.6 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: