Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2013 * Note Duplicate Serial Number Project To Find Matched Pairs

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 247 / Views: 28,617Next Topic
Page: of 17
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
381 Posts
 Posted 08/21/2021  11:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Snoopydoo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the information Ynnad and CoolBreeze.

It's a bummer they don't track more detail.

I just imagined that with the technology places like Amazon have to run packaging labels by scanners, by the thousands, they might run notes for destruction thru a similar type sorter/scanner just as fast, and capture that information on its way to the end.

But now I know they don't, thank you for taking the time to answer and educate me on this process!
United States
1 Posts
 Posted 08/24/2021  8:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dellendo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've got
B07388769*
B04151693*
United States
14 Posts
 Posted 08/29/2021  5:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add penniless to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Either there are many collectors of these notes who don't know about this project, or there are many who have never reported their serial numbers to the project. Strap packs and consecutive numbers as well. There are lots of unreported bills still being sold that their serial numbers haven't been seen publicly before. There are also many who claim to have uncirculated strap packs but those packs are not shown in the numbers that are claimed within the project spreadsheet. How many members here have unreported serials in this series?
Pillar of the Community
United States
4177 Posts
 Posted 08/29/2021  6:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Or collectors just don't care. I'm a collector and have no interest. If I got one of these I would probably spend it. It's not bad or good, some people have no interest.
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
381 Posts
 Posted 08/29/2021  6:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Snoopydoo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Either there are many collectors of these notes who don't know about this project, or there are many who have never reported their serial numbers to the project. Strap packs and consecutive numbers as well. There are lots of unreported bills still being sold that their serial numbers haven't been seen publicly before. There are also many who claim to have uncirculated strap packs but those packs are not shown in the numbers that are claimed within the project spreadsheet. How many members here have unreported serials in this series?

Really not sure what your asking, or what your point is here?

Your first sentence; so., yes, there are many who don't know about the project, and yes, there are many who've never reported theirs to the project.
So?

Your second sentence; yes, your first sentence could apply to strap packs and consecutive numbers as well.
So?

Your third sentence; of course there's lots of unreported notes being sold? No one ever claimed the project was the be all and end all list of known notes, it was quite the opposite, it was intended to spread awareness and grow the list.
Point of that sentence, unknown.

Your fifth sentence; don't know who your talking about claiming they have strap packs, but there not on the list.
This doesn't even make sense. Again like above, maybe someone claims to have a pack, but chose not to participate or report their pack, or they don't know about the project.

Your final sentence; How many members here have unreported serials in this series?
You will never get an accurate answer to that question, I'm guessing if they have them and didn't report them, it was because they didn't want to, and that's their prerogative.

So back to your last post, Penniless, do you have an actual contributing comment or question to make here? I can't make heads or tails out of your rants of anger on this thread.

This has only every been a thread about sharing information about a newer topic that some are interested in. There are many who could care less about this topic, and that what's great about this forum, they can go to what interest them and makes them happy. Might I suggest that for you?
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
381 Posts
 Posted 08/29/2021  6:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Snoopydoo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
with Hfjacinto!
United States
14 Posts
 Posted 08/29/2021  7:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add penniless to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Really not sure what your asking, or what your point is here?

Your first sentence; so., yes, there are many who don't know about the project, and yes, there are many who've never reported theirs to the project.
So?

Your second sentence; yes, your first sentence could apply to strap packs and consecutive numbers as well.
So?

Your third sentence; of course there's lots of unreported notes being sold? No one ever claimed the project was the be all and end all list of known notes, it was quite the opposite, it was intended to spread awareness and grow the list.
Point of that sentence, unknown.

Your fifth sentence; don't know who your talking about claiming they have strap packs, but there not on the list.
This doesn't even make sense. Again like above, maybe someone claims to have a pack, but chose not to participate or report their pack, or they don't know about the project.

Your final sentence; How many members here have unreported serials in this series?
You will never get an accurate answer to that question, I'm guessing if they have them and didn't report them, it was because they didn't want to, and that's their prerogative.

So back to your last post, Penniless, do you have an actual contributing comment or question to make here? I can't make heads or tails out of your rants of anger on this thread.

This has only every been a thread about sharing information about a newer topic that some are interested in. There are many who could care less about this topic, and that what's great about this forum, they can go to what interest them and makes them happy. Might I suggest that for you?
But you are so wrong in your assumptions. I am not angry about anything nor have I made an angry comment or asked an angry question. My question is only about the assumed rarity, value, and the matches that have been unreported. I know a matching note was sold on ebay just last week and saw another match sell a little over a month ago, neither of which have been reported here only that there are 8 pair. Sorry if questions make you angry.
Edited by penniless
08/29/2021 7:23 pm
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
381 Posts
 Posted 08/29/2021  7:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Snoopydoo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Please show me where a PAIR of matching notes has ever been sold, other than the recent one by StacksBowers.

Someone claiming a note matches another note, but they aren't actually together, is not a matched pair of notes.

Someone saying it matches a note on the list still doesn't mean anything until they are actually together and verified together.

These notes individually are not rare, they become rare ONLY when they are really brought together, with their matching note from the other printing facility.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4177 Posts
 Posted 08/29/2021  7:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I posted this before and I'll posted it again Snoopydoo is a tireless cheerleader for this project! He has shown persistence and honestly a lot of effort for a project that really gave him no financial incentive. He did this for the hobby not for fame or glory. So few people have the dedication and time that Snoopydoo and others gave to this project. For a collector that has no interest in these I still enjoy coming here and reading about the matches. So while many people probably have these notes saved and you'll never get a match, you really need to thank the team and all there work, otherwise we would have 0 matches instead of 8.
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
381 Posts
 Posted 08/29/2021  7:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Snoopydoo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The project started getting overwhelmed with notes being reported, and then the person sold the note on eBay, but didn't have it removed from the list, as they failed to respond to confirmation requests by the project managers. So what you KNOW about supposed other matches, I'm afraid is inaccurate. The downside to so many learning about the project, was the influx of non-collectors thinking they were going to make a fast buck and gave false contact information, and pairs could not be confirmed. The re-sale of notes from the list on eBay really caused some problems.
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
381 Posts
 Posted 08/29/2021  7:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Snoopydoo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for the kind words Hfjacinto!
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
381 Posts
 Posted 09/02/2021  11:04 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Snoopydoo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Quick update for those who are following along, but not in the project, or saw yesterday's update from Mr. Winograd.

It was reported that there were 2 more matches made, however, after numerous attempts to contact the owners, 1 could not be validated and the note was removed from the project.

The 2 match WAS confirmed and thru a trade between the owners that pair is going to be brought together. I'm told that new pair owner learned about the project from some coin forum type site. Do not know if that was here or somewhere else, but a big Congratulations to that new pair owner! !!!!

Take care everyone!
United States
2 Posts
 Posted 09/03/2021  11:42 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nEcoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have one.
# B 07984157*
Edited by nEcoin
09/03/2021 11:45 am
Learn More...
United States
104701 Posts
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
482 Posts
 Posted 09/03/2021  2:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mikev50 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
checked your bill---not listed---
Page: of 17 Previous TopicReplies: 247 / Views: 28,617Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.38 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05