Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2013 * Note Duplicate Serial Number Project To Find Matched Pairs

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 247 / Views: 28,942Next Topic
Page: of 17
United States
2 Posts
 Posted 09/04/2021  4:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nEcoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hey mikev50. Are you referring to my bill?
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
486 Posts
 Posted 09/04/2021  5:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mikev50 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
yes I am---
Valued Member
United States
83 Posts
 Posted 09/07/2021  2:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bestjet to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have 2 of them. have not listed with the project because I thought they had stopped except for the first 0-250,000

Valued Member
United States
83 Posts
 Posted 09/07/2021  2:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bestjet to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
sorry for the pictures I'm learning.
United States
1 Posts
 Posted 09/07/2021  7:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JamesMcomber to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
J3
Fwj
Back 86
B05987999*
First one so far
Learn More...
United States
104880 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
3381 Posts
 Posted 09/14/2021  4:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveInTampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Anyone remember this pair that was recently sold at Stacks for $7,200 ?

Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
381 Posts
 Posted 09/14/2021  4:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Snoopydoo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wonder what he will actually get for it? So now we know who bought it, for profit, not to collect. SMH!
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
381 Posts
 Posted 09/16/2021  10:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Snoopydoo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Some sad news for the Project, and our friend Karol.

Here's a copy of the letter we received this morning announcing the end of this project.

Quote:
I know many of you will be very unhappy and disappointed with this announcement, nevertheless I need to inform you, our 2013 B* project, the Zegers/Winograd Project, will end at the end of this month, September 2021.

As you know from my monthly project status emails, I've been trying for a long time to find somebody to take over the project. And there were many who have shown interest. But after finding out it takes between 3 and 10 hours a day, every day, 7 days a week, to keep track of the notes and to answer hundreds of emails from people, where many of them know nothing of star notes, well, basically everybody who has shown an interest in running the project, backed out... Just so you understand, entering the notes into the spreadsheet takes no more than 10% of the time spend on the project. And setting up the monthly project status update and the official spreadsheet once a month, that's no more than a couple of hours. It is dealing with the emails that takes 90% of my time!
And then, something unexpected happened. Recently I was diagnosed with something I hoped I would never experience. And now I will have to concentrate on that and on my family, and so I will no longer be able to find time for our project.

On October 1 I will send out the last project status update and a spreadsheet with all the notes reported up to September 30th.
I will include there about 600 notes from runs 2 and 3 reported to me after April 1, notes I never reported in the official monthly spreadsheets.

It was a great pleasure to run this project for almost 4 years. And during that time I have met many wonderful people and became very good friends with some of them. So I too am very sad to have to end it. But, Ed and I are very happy we accomplished what we were hoping for when the project started. Ed worked tirelessly to promote the project, or should I say, promote the visibility to this BEP production error. After all, it was he who contacted me first to create this project. And I'm sure without him, many of you would have never known about it. With this project we helped collectors find a common place to report their notes and what we hoped for, has happened. We helped identify 11 matched pairs!
There are many others I could thank, like Peter Huntoon for his great article in January 2021 issue of the Bank Note Reporter, or Max H. for promoting our project on his SilverPicker site, or the original contributors RMA>NY and JC>WA (sorry for not using actual names, but many of you asked me not to ever publish their names and/or email addresses), and CR>NV who successfully argued with the certification services to have a graded pair labeled as Production Error.

Thank you, all, for being part of it!
Karol Winograd

It's an end for the group finding anymore pairs, that's over, now any future pairs, will need to be made individually.

But, the Biggest and most important thing here is Karol. My sincerest thoughts, and Prayers are for Karol and his Family during this difficult battle! I ask you all to pray for them!!
Pillar of the Community
United States
4206 Posts
 Posted 09/16/2021  11:07 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wish Karol the best from me! I hope everything turns ok out!
Pillar of the Community
United States
4206 Posts
 Posted 09/16/2021  11:10 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm reference to the sale of the matched pair, this was always going to become a money making scheme for some of the buyers/finders.

@snoopydoo,

Thank you so much for doing this! I appreciate everything you did and for being the best cheerleader ever!

What's the next challenge? Matching a serial number from each series
Edited by hfjacinto
09/16/2021 11:11 am
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
381 Posts
 Posted 09/16/2021  11:26 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Snoopydoo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you again for the kind comment @hafjacinto!

Well from what I hear, there are some $20 Star Notes that were duplicated, again. When will the BEP get a better record keeping spreadsheet?

If it's true, it could be a fun project.

Pillar of the Community
United States
3381 Posts
 Posted 09/16/2021  12:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveInTampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Craig.
I completely understand his change in life choices and wish him the best. Many thanks to everyone that has worked on this project and congratulations to the collectors that have reaped the fruits of its existence.
United States
1 Posts
 Posted 09/17/2021  12:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add PersonalSublimin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
B05718931*
B04748437*
Learn More...
United States
104880 Posts
Page: of 17 Previous TopicReplies: 247 / Views: 28,942Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.36 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05