Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Problems Processing Payment On Ebay

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
United States
1856 Posts
 Posted 01/15/2020  11:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nfine to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like a Phishing scam to me. I would highly recommend NOT following those instructions. Reach out to PayPal to see if there is an issue with your account.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1759 Posts
 Posted 01/16/2020  12:36 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Zurie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Definitely does not look legit. Can you see the email account from where it originated?
Pillar of the Community
United States
2372 Posts
 Posted 01/16/2020  02:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MontCollector to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Can you see the email account from where it originated?

It says it is from service@paypal.com. However I just noticed when I put my mouse over that email addy this pops up in a little white window.
x3aqay-jnhbhgyt34.anakhrmse(at)835-hairdrayer.x3aqayc.kjnbhg34hga.mantoeppjewa.com

The above looks like a link. PLEASE Do Not Click It!!

Mods please delete the link above if necessary.

Edit: I just had a chat with PayPal and they confirmed they did not send this email to me. It is a scam to get your PayPal info. Be aware this is going around.
Edited by MontCollector
01/16/2020 02:15 am
Learn More...
United States
82686 Posts
 Posted 01/16/2020  11:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
MontCollector, I am glad you did not fall victim to the phishing attempt.

Follow-up on my problem...

The seller sent me a payment request through PayPal. I thought it would work, but I had the exact same problem when I tried to send payment.

After another hour with PayPal support, they claim there is a block on the seller's account that is stopping me. However, they cannot verify that there is a block on the seller's account since I am not the seller. So at their request I have relayed that information to the seller and hopefully they will have some success.
Bedrock of the Community
13014 Posts
 Posted 01/16/2020  4:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add basebal21 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER click links from a PayPal or eBay email. Any legitimate message they are sending you you will be able to access in your account.
Learn More...
United States
82686 Posts
 Posted 01/16/2020  5:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER click links from a PayPal or eBay email. Any legitimate message they are sending you you will be able to access in your account.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2372 Posts
 Posted 01/16/2020  6:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MontCollector to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Any legitimate message they are sending you you will be able to access in your account.

Exactly what I did. Logged onto my account the normal way(Figured it was the safest thing to do) and it didn't show it was limited. I did change my Password today just to be safe.

Quote:
So at their request I have relayed that information to the seller and hopefully they will have some success

Hope this works...let us know how it goes.

Learn More...
United States
82686 Posts
 Posted 01/18/2020  12:44 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes! We have Success! Jbuck has another Ike on the way.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
12617 Posts
 Posted 01/20/2020  4:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Yes! We have Success! Jbuck has another Ike on the way.

Cool!
Pillar of the Community
United States
2372 Posts
 Posted 01/20/2020  4:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MontCollector to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice! Glad it worked out for ya.
Learn More...
United States
82686 Posts
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.69 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05