Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

I Have Come To A Sad Realization, There Are Some Coins I Truly Do Not Like!

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5
Pillar of the Community
United States
1222 Posts
 Posted 01/16/2020  8:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What game have I played? You said you didn't like Walkers but you have a walker as your profile picture?
Pillar of the Community
United States
4678 Posts
 Posted 01/16/2020  8:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TheForce to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm gonna say edge lettered dollar coins and all these quarters every year.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1900 Posts
 Posted 01/16/2020  8:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
What ! How can you forget the Walking Liberty half dollar ?

OMG, you are right, T-BOP, I forgot Walking Liberty halves, they are beautiful too!

But, I too don't like the fact the mint put Walking Liberty on ASEs. They should have left her alone.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1900 Posts
 Posted 01/16/2020  9:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
joecoin said: Could be worse, you could be Canadian.

And what's wrong with being Canadian? I am proudly Canadian. If you were speaking of Canadian coins, they are ALL beautiful! Especially the young Queen Elisabeth!
Bedrock of the Community
13014 Posts
 Posted 01/17/2020  01:12 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add basebal21 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
What game have I played? You said you didn't like Walkers but you have a walker as your profile picture?

Get new material unless you actually think I that dumb profile pic is a walker which in that case bless your heart
Pillar of the Community
United States
1222 Posts
 Posted 01/17/2020  06:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Basebal you seem really angry. I'm just going to ignore you from now on. I thought it was me but you seem to have issues with a lot of people. It must be some type of internet syndrome probably in person you could be a nice person, but I may be wrong about that.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1222 Posts
 Posted 01/17/2020  07:01 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Merclover, I agree vast majority of Canadians coins are very nice, the beaver nickel, maple leave cent, looney. I have Canadian coins in my foreign collection and there no Bens or Ike's in the bunch!
Pillar of the Community
United States
2791 Posts
 Posted 01/17/2020  09:17 am  Show Profile   Check Darth Morgan's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Darth Morgan to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I swear, I hate threads like these.
My Eisenhower dollar Complete Variety Set, Circulation Strikes and Proof ( PCGS Registry) - https://www.PCGS.com/SetRegistry/do...edset/119137
Darth Morgan - "The Other Ike dollars" Showcase: https://www.PCGS.com/setregistry/showcase/3354
Pillar of the Community
United States
697 Posts
 Posted 01/17/2020  10:41 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add joecoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
And what's wrong with being Canadian? I am proudly Canadian. If you were speaking of Canadian coins, they are ALL beautiful! Especially the young Queen Elisabeth!

Nothing wrong with being Canadian.

I'm referring to the complaint about the repetitious design of the Barber coinage and comparing it to current Canadian coinage. Which by law has to have the reigning monarch on it.(Right?)

Having said that, I collect Vicky large cents with a passion and have a 19th and 20th century canuck type set. Also I'm pursuing Provincial tokens. Got any for sale?
Pillar of the Community
United States
1222 Posts
 Posted 01/17/2020  11:15 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I'm referring to the complaint about the repetitious design of the Barber coinage and comparing it to current Canadian coinage. Which by law has to have the reigning monarch on it.(Right?)

Correct in that the obverse is the monarch, the reverse of Canadian coins are very pretty. I like designs on a the reverse more than the front. And I never said I thought that the Barber coinage was ugly, its not and I like the 5 cent and 10 cent coins but the reverses on Barber coins isn't as nice as on Canadian coins.

Only pictures I had of Canadian coinage

Edited by hfjacinto
01/17/2020 11:18 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
845 Posts
 Posted 01/17/2020  11:22 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CitationSquirrel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
And I never said I thought that the Barber coinage was ugly

While I complain about the Barber designs, I agree that Lady Liberty isn't ugly. It is just that having all those coins with such a similar design gets a little boring.
Pillar of the Community
United States
6044 Posts
 Posted 01/17/2020  11:34 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add muddler to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
How about seated liberty series, all the same design too.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1222 Posts
 Posted 01/17/2020  11:41 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
How about seated liberty series, all the same design too.

Seated Liberty are actually very pretty and well done. And also outside my comfort zone to spend.
Valued Member
Canada
448 Posts
 Posted 01/17/2020  12:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Cdncoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I like Morgans way more than Peace dollars, especially in MS. I have no desire to collect Peace dollars. The Ike and SBA dollars were not the greatest. IHC and Walking Liberties are very nice.

I like the reverse designs of all the Canadian coins, but the loonies and toonies start looking very drab after circulating for a while. There have been a number of very nice Canadian circulating commemorative coins.
Valued Member
United States
270 Posts
 Posted 01/17/2020  1:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add muddyknuckles to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Seated coinage in my opinion is better looking although all identical than today's drab modern coinage. Everyone has coinage they aren't particularly fond of I am sure me well probably fighting words to some but I detest all modern coinage and feel we need a redesign across the boatd shield cents no thank you we need the oak laurels back on reverse minimum. Sorry about how I feel about the modern coinage kinda just had to reply when people are putting down any elegant beauty that is seated.
Edited by muddyknuckles
01/17/2020 2:25 pm
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 1 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05