Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Advice On A Hadrian Coin Please.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member
United Kingdom
156 Posts
 Posted 01/16/2020  05:28 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Novicius to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
This Hadrian coin has caught my eye. I'd appreciate any advice on whether it looks genuine or not. No diameter is given in the description.

Thanks in advance,
Jim
CCF Advertiser
Learn More...
United States
593 Posts
 Posted 01/16/2020  05:45 am  Show Profile   Check louisvillekyshop's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add louisvillekyshop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That is an important sought after coin so it will be counterfeited in my opinion. Your photo, when right clicked and downloaded to my desk top, blow up with very high resolution and there is not a spec of encrustation on the coin. Plus most of these available in normal circulation for a reasonable price are very worn down. So for those three reasons I'd just assume fake sorry. (Yes people will mention what they think are casting bubbles on the reverse but I would not assume one way or the other this was cast as important coins people take time making well.)
Edited by louisvillekyshop
01/16/2020 05:48 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
4707 Posts
 Posted 01/16/2020  09:22 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bob L to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Good advice from Joe, above. For comparison - especially with regard to the legends - the OP coin with one from the fake reports. Unfortunately the fake reports coin is very low res.

Edited by Bob L
01/16/2020 09:26 am
Valued Member
United Kingdom
156 Posts
 Posted 01/16/2020  10:48 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Novicius to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you both for the advice, it is much appreciated. The starting price wasn't exactly cheap, so I'll be giving it a wide berth.

Many thanks,
Jim
Learn More...
United States
22817 Posts
 Posted 01/16/2020  7:27 pm  Show Profile   Check echizento's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add echizento to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm late but I agree with Joe and Bob, beside the appearance of the lettering the metal doesn't look right.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.62 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05