Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Here We Go Again. 2020 W Quarters Coming.

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 91 / Views: 7,604Next Topic
Page: of 7
Learn More...
United States
87820 Posts
 Posted 01/27/2020  10:30 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
This makes me wonder, dod they strike any 2020 W American Samoa quarters WITHOUT the privy mark before the approval to add the privy mark was made? If they did, what happens to the 2020 W coins that lack the mark?
Pillar of the Community
United States
3284 Posts
 Posted 01/28/2020  5:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Greasy Fingers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
So, I made a comment on pg.1 about "no luck of the draw, bank employee....ect" and someone posted that they hoped I was being sarcastic, well today while I was depositing some quarter roll, the teller told me "yea, we keep the new rolls when we come across them in the boxes"
So I really hope the mint finds a better way to get these to collectors
United States
15 Posts
 Posted 01/28/2020  10:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add smuglr to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I had great luck with the 2019 hunt, due in great part to bank tellers who didn't know about the program but were willing to help me find the new rolls. I dealt with tellers at a number of different banks, and no one was aware of the program. I was very lucky with Lowell and the numbers did drop significantly on the following issues, probably due to a change in distribution. My success increased again with San Antonio, but I only recently found my first River of No Return. I found it fun to search and many of the W's had quality as good as some of the coins I've seen in mint sets. I was a little disappointed to hear they were going to continue in 2020, I liked the one year program and success. I also don't like the privy mark idea, I think it is too much, takes away from the visual appeal of the W mint coin, and is a road I hate to see the mint go down.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1510 Posts
 Posted 01/29/2020  09:25 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bret to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I also don't like the privy mark idea, I think it is too much, takes away from the visual appeal of the W mint coin, and is a road I hate to see the mint go down.

I couldn't agree more.
Learn More...
United States
87820 Posts
 Posted 01/29/2020  09:38 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
well today while I was depositing some quarter roll, the teller told me "yea, we keep the new rolls when we come across them in the boxes"
United States
10 Posts
 Posted 02/07/2020  01:30 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mojo423 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I found out about the 2019 w quarters early last month. I started going through $500 dollar boxes. I have a credit union that lets customers use a change counter for free.
I've probably gone through 20-25 boxes. I find other gems in these too. One I found was a low leaf Wisconsin State Quarter. I found to this date about 20 W quarters. Lowell
seems to show up the most for me. The San Antonio Mission seems to be the hardest. I found one of them so far. They are out there. I have found up to three in one $500 box and
many times get skunked. Keep looking. They were releasing these to certain cities in 2019 and said they were changing the way they would be dispersed for 2020. I dont think
I've seen anyone say they have found the 2020 bat w quarter yet. I see rolls showing up on ebay. Happy Hunting!
Valued Member
United States
241 Posts
 Posted 02/07/2020  3:03 pm  Show Profile   Check BrandaBob's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BrandaBob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't mind the privy mark too much but I also believe it would be in their best interest to incorporate it on a commemorative piece or just all circulating quarters. This grey area they pinned themselves between means most people won't see it anyway, and it's a WWII victory mark so you would expect them to make it more widespread.
Learn More...
United States
87820 Posts
 Posted 02/07/2020  4:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
This grey area they pinned themselves between means most people won't see it anyway,
I agree.

At least with the W cents from last year and nickel this year are included with other mint products.
Valued Member
United States
160 Posts
 Posted 02/27/2020  7:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jmgi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm just waiting to see how well the current prices hold up for the W mint marked quarters over the long haul. Currently circulated examples are going for around $10 on Ebay. Remember back in 1982-83 no mint sets were produced,so the only way to get them was pull them out of circulation, and the mintages for both P and D quarters was at least 500 million each, and still to this day people are paying at least 5-6 times face for circulated ones on Ebay, and sometimes much more. With the W quarters only having a total mintage of 10 million, with all being put into circulation, seems to me that these quarters should do pretty well long term even in circulated condition. What do you think?
Pillar of the Community
United States
1025 Posts
 Posted 04/01/2020  2:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Big-Kingdom to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
They start releasing them with Weir Farms on April 6th to banks...... To bad all my banks are closed to customers and won't give me boxes of quarters until things normalize again.....

At least they'd be uncirculated and maybe clean of the virus. lol.....
my luck i'd get rerolls from coinstar from all over the country though...
Pillar of the Community
United States
1025 Posts
 Posted 04/04/2020  6:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Big-Kingdom to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Most current thread on this topic so I'll put it here. Coin World link to article about 2020 W quarters and starting release cities.

https://www.coinworld.com/news/us-c...arter-dollar
Pillar of the Community
5120 Posts
 Posted 04/04/2020  7:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add USSID18 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
They say April 6th but I doubt it now.

EDIT: Well the article was dated 3 April, so maybe they will be released on that date. I'm thinking everything is pushed back because of this virus thing!
Proud Member of The Black Sheep Squadron!

In Memory of Tootallious March 31, 1964 to April 15, 2020
Edited by USSID18
04/04/2020 7:42 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
1025 Posts
 Posted 04/05/2020  10:14 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Big-Kingdom to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think they are going to continue as scheduled, although the article seems to suggest there may be delays to exactly when they will start turning up at banks and be available. "Likely to begin turning up in circulation 4-6 weeks"...

I dunno. I don't think the mint has delays but I think the banks will have delays due to the recessed economy with exceptions of supermarkets.
Pillar of the Community
5120 Posts
 Posted 04/05/2020  10:34 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add USSID18 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'd like to know which banks in these areas....

Florida, Jacksonville

Florida, Miami

Florida, Orlando

Florida, Pensacola
Proud Member of The Black Sheep Squadron!

In Memory of Tootallious March 31, 1964 to April 15, 2020
Pillar of the Community
United States
2119 Posts
 Posted 04/05/2020  10:36 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Tunnioc to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
From CoinWorld, no privy!

Quote:
The first wave of National Park of American Samoa quarters bearing the 'P' or 'D' mint mark were released February 3, 2020, and do not bear the privy mark.
Page: of 7 Previous TopicReplies: 91 / Views: 7,604Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.7 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05