Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

German Notgeld Collector Of 46 Years, From Uk.

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 332 / Views: 10,288Next Topic
Page: of 23
Learn More...
United States
87501 Posts
 Posted 05/19/2020  09:39 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Going back one, I have just stumbled upon this note - its the silk weaver again... The note is signed by the 'Oberbuergermeister'
Fascinating!
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
537 Posts
 Posted 05/19/2020  7:01 pm  Show Profile   Check notgeldman's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add notgeldman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here is an overprinted piece (OVP) note from Halberstadt, originally with a face value of 10m and issued in 1918 - but then re-valued/OVP to 1 million mark in late 1923:

On the top 'nur gultig fur Halberstadt' means the note was only valid in Halberstadt.
Learn More...
United States
87501 Posts
 Posted 05/20/2020  08:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Here is an overprinted piece (OVP) note from Halberstadt, originally with a face value of 10m and issued in 1918 - but then re-valued/OVP to 1 million mark in late 1923:
Nice example of hyperinflation!
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
537 Posts
 Posted 05/21/2020  08:41 am  Show Profile   Check notgeldman's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add notgeldman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A similar but different note this time. This one has a purple stampmark instead of the raised stampmark. Think about how nice these would look together in your banknote and notgeld collection!!

Learn More...
United States
87501 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
537 Posts
 Posted 05/22/2020  09:42 am  Show Profile   Check notgeldman's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add notgeldman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here is an unusual notgeld piece from Dresden:

The value of the piece is shown by the actual stamp inserted into the note itself!
Learn More...
United States
87501 Posts
 Posted 05/22/2020  11:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
The value of the piece is shown by the actual stamp inserted into the note itself!
Very interesting!
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
537 Posts
 Posted 05/23/2020  08:08 am  Show Profile   Check notgeldman's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add notgeldman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This is what the back of the note looks like. Sometimes a small additional piece of paper existed so that the stamp could be pulled back out.

Learn More...
United States
87501 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
537 Posts
 Posted 05/26/2020  5:30 pm  Show Profile   Check notgeldman's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add notgeldman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A very similar but different piece now.....

You can compare it with the previous obverse scan!
Pillar of the Community
United States
2118 Posts
 Posted 05/26/2020  9:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Tunnioc to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Interesting, what year are they?
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
537 Posts
 Posted 05/27/2020  04:56 am  Show Profile   Check notgeldman's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add notgeldman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@Tunnioc - great to talk - they are 1921 (darker green piece) and undated but 1920 for the lighter green piece. Very interesting pieces indeed, especially coin or banknote collectors that also like stamps! There are other notgeld issued with stamps......so I will try and show a few of those here later......
These 2 green coloured pieces are from the town of Dreden-Altstadt (Oldtown). You've probably guessed already, yes....there is a Dresden Neustadt. (new town)
Learn More...
United States
87501 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
537 Posts
 Posted 05/27/2020  10:13 am  Show Profile   Check notgeldman's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add notgeldman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks @jbuck! I will sift through my pieces and scans here and hopefully find a couple more I can show......
Learn More...
United States
87501 Posts
 Posted 05/27/2020  12:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I will sift through my pieces and scans here and hopefully find a couple more I can show.
Page: of 23 Previous TopicReplies: 332 / Views: 10,288Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.62 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05