Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

German Notgeld Collector Of 46 Years, From Uk.

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 429 / Views: 13,782Next Topic
Page: of 29
Learn More...
United States
90004 Posts
 Posted 08/03/2020  4:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Here is the 2m note from the same town:
Excellent!
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
591 Posts
 Posted 08/03/2020  5:16 pm  Show Profile   Check notgeldman's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add notgeldman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My new book will explain lots of lovely looking notes in more detail, so people can understand what the graphic is portraying. Without that info, these pieces look nice but that is about it. With explanations (like the one I gave for the previous note to the 2m one) the pieces as I say 'come to life!!'
Learn More...
United States
90004 Posts
 Posted 08/04/2020  11:26 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
With explanations (like the one I gave for the previous note to the 2m one) the pieces as I say 'come to life!!'
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
591 Posts
 Posted 08/07/2020  6:31 pm  Show Profile   Check notgeldman's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add notgeldman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here is a nice looking note from Vohwinkel:

It dates from '20 Septbr. 1923'
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
591 Posts
 Posted 08/10/2020  08:20 am  Show Profile   Check notgeldman's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add notgeldman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This is a 5000m note from Mannheim, dating from 1922:

The pair of griffins on the front graphic are superb.
Learn More...
United States
90004 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
591 Posts
 Posted 08/11/2020  5:21 pm  Show Profile   Check notgeldman's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add notgeldman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here is the reverse of the note:

Does anyone know or want to know what is depicted here? I can't remember if I have explained the depiction before?.....
Learn More...
United States
90004 Posts
 Posted 08/12/2020  08:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very interesting!

If you have explained before, I do not remember.
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
591 Posts
 Posted 08/12/2020  09:00 am  Show Profile   Check notgeldman's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add notgeldman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
(I am taking this info from an article about the note on my notgeld.com website)!
The 4 corners represent the 4 virtues and forces that are going to make Germany great again: Science & Learning, Fertility/Health of the Nation, Construction & Reconstruction.....and finally, Agriculture.
The dragon is 'Fafnir' and the warrior is 'Siegfried' - from the old sagas of the Nibelungen, the Volsungen and the Edda. The blood of the dragon that fills Siegfried's helmet is being poured back onto the dragon whilst the spear in the other hand is worsening the wound so more blood can escape!
There is something very unusual about the dragon that hasn't been mentioned yet though...................any ideas? Back tomorrow with an update .....
Learn More...
United States
90004 Posts
 Posted 08/12/2020  11:01 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Fascinating. Thank you for the details.

Quote:
There is something very unusual about the dragon that hasn't been mentioned yet though.
Looks more like a multi-legged snake to me.
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
591 Posts
 Posted 08/12/2020  11:13 am  Show Profile   Check notgeldman's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add notgeldman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@jbuck - you are 50% correct!
We can see that the dragon has 7 legs depicted - so a total of 14.
14......refers to Woodrow Wilson's '14 point plan'!! The basis of this plan was used by Wilson for the future creation of the Treaty of Versailles.
There is more in a graphic, the more one studies it!! These times were driven by politics and national identity and the banknote designers / artists often used them to show some hidden meaning. So the German artist here, thought very poorly of the 14 point plan!
Learn More...
United States
90004 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
591 Posts
 Posted 08/21/2020  5:51 pm  Show Profile   Check notgeldman's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add notgeldman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A notgeld 'serienscheine' set of 7 next - issued in Altenburg:

On first inspection, the last 2 notes might look the same.....
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3628 Posts
 Posted 08/22/2020  12:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add oriole to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, the cursive script in the hair of the 3 people is different.
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
591 Posts
 Posted 08/22/2020  2:06 pm  Show Profile   Check notgeldman's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add notgeldman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@Oriole - correct of course. These are 6 terms used in the card game of 'Skat'. Most easily seen is the word 'Solo'. The pictures are a 'plan' view of 3 people playing the card game.
Page: of 29 Previous TopicReplies: 429 / Views: 13,782Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.41 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05