Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

German Notgeld Collector Of 46 Years, From Uk.

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 525 / Views: 17,064Next Topic
Page: of 35
Learn More...
United States
92145 Posts
 Posted 09/14/2020  09:40 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I quickly found this note, which is a good example. It has the word 'Wechselchein' on it - 'exchange note' or 'bill of exchange'......and more importantly 'zur Aushilfe'.......'for temporary help' (to the problem with a shortage of loose change):
Excellent!

And a belated Happy Birthday.
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
642 Posts
 Posted 09/14/2020  09:42 am  Show Profile   Check notgeldman's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add notgeldman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks guys for the birthday wishes!
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
642 Posts
 Posted 09/14/2020  10:19 am  Show Profile   Check notgeldman's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add notgeldman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Have a look at this note. I just purchased it especially so I could show you all! Its a great note for anyone's collection.
A 'Darlehenkassenschein' is a 'Loan Receipt'.....another of these descriptive terms for these emergency money issues. It also has 'Notgeld waehrend der Geldnot' - 'Emergency money while there is a Money emergency' - its great - you never get bored with the notgeld issues!! Have you noticed, it doesn't have a serial number.....very strange! The reverse is blank. The note was issued by the Hauzenberg (branch of the) Loan Funds Association.

I'm starting to compile an article on my notgeld.com website, that will list all the different descriptive terms they used for the money issues........'Gutschein' (voucher), 'Kleinscheck' (low denomination cheque), notgeld (emergency money) and 'Darlehenskassenschein' (loan receipt) etc etc......I think we also had 'Wechselschein' earlier.......exchange note or bill of exchange. They all mean the same sort of thing really........ie) Here is a piece of paper that has a legitimate value to it.
Learn More...
United States
92145 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4556 Posts
 Posted 09/14/2020  2:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add scopru to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Certainly is an interesting history on just the verbiage used, not to mention the actual notes.
Member: ANA and NGC
My Want list: http://goccf.com/t/188411
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
642 Posts
 Posted 09/15/2020  1:02 pm  Show Profile   Check notgeldman's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add notgeldman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What an interesting piece this is - a cheque! No, its a banknote!

Learn More...
United States
92145 Posts
 Posted 09/15/2020  2:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
What an interesting piece this is - a cheque! No, its a banknote!
Fascinating!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4556 Posts
 Posted 09/16/2020  10:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add scopru to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Definitely a lot of different ways you could focus on collecting notgeld
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
642 Posts
 Posted 09/17/2020  05:39 am  Show Profile   Check notgeldman's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add notgeldman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Oh yes! As soon as collectors find notgeld and understand the basics, they can soon start collecting in earnest and building up what should be a great and very interesting collection. One can start by collecting a piece or set from different places. Everytime you spot a town or city you don't have, you add it in. Most collectors like the colourful series pieces. 2 catalogues and away you go. You can then broaden the collection by adding pieces that you find are interesting or have a story to tell. I just bought a note because I liked the look of it. I will scan it and add it to my notgeld.com website and hopefully be able to do a bit of research about the graphic so that all collectors become more interested. These articles or posts that I keep adding and now building up into a wealth of notgeld knowledge which I hope really helps the collectors out there. Most of these graphics haven't been studied so there are lots of fascinating stories to be told still.
The best thing anyone can do, if they have a real interest in these notgeld, is to join my German Notgeld Collectors Club so they can chat to me on a 1-1 basis and get access to all the wonderful info on my site. They also receive a scarce notgeld piece that is worth more than the one-off joining fee......so they are quids in , as we would say here. I managed a long time a go to purchase a large stock of a a very good piece and thought this was a good way to make sure they went to good collectors!
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
642 Posts
 Posted 09/22/2020  6:21 pm  Show Profile   Check notgeldman's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add notgeldman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here is a nice looking set (I don't think I've shown before) from Altenburg:

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4556 Posts
 Posted 09/22/2020  6:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add scopru to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Some great artwork in the set you posted
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
642 Posts
 Posted 09/22/2020  7:00 pm  Show Profile   Check notgeldman's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add notgeldman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@scopru - indeed. These are typical 'serienscheine' - pieces issued in a nice colourful set or series for the notgeld collector market of 1921.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4556 Posts
 Posted 09/22/2020  8:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add scopru to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Way back on page 2 or 3 you posted 5 notes from Fulda. Can you repost here and give a little history on them and the area they are from?
Learn More...
United States
92145 Posts
 Posted 09/23/2020  08:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Here is a nice looking set (I don't think I've shown before) from Altenburg:
Very nice!
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
642 Posts
 Posted 09/23/2020  09:12 am  Show Profile   Check notgeldman's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add notgeldman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here are the Fulda pieces again:

They make for a lovely set of 5 different pieces, all with local scenes and buildings. On the front is the Bonifatius (Boniface) monument. From wikipedia : Winfrid Boniface was a leading figure in the Anglo-Saxon mission to the Germanic parts of the Frankish Empire during the 8th century.
Page: of 35 Previous TopicReplies: 525 / Views: 17,064Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.71 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05