Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

German Notgeld Collector Of 46 Years, From Uk.

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 544 / Views: 17,609Next Topic
Page: of 37
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
652 Posts
 Posted 10/29/2020  10:27 am  Show Profile   Check notgeldman's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add notgeldman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@scopru - I think I agree with you - that note could be so easily seen as just a hyper-inflationary issue, designed as such. I'll dig out a couple more OVP examples to show this evening.........
Learn More...
United States
92481 Posts
 Posted 10/29/2020  11:18 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
A good example of what I would call a 'typical' OVP (overprint):
Impressive.
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
652 Posts
 Posted 10/29/2020  4:37 pm  Show Profile   Check notgeldman's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add notgeldman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Just think if you saw the last serienschein piece in a pile and you could only see the back! How many collectors would see the serial number? What a great find that would be!! - an overprinted serienscheine - quite scarce and pretty expensive. It can happen to anyone, if you are sifting through a pile of these notgeld issues.
Learn More...
United States
92481 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
652 Posts
 Posted 10/29/2020  5:07 pm  Show Profile   Check notgeldman's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add notgeldman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The sketal death figure looks great on the other note too.....being fought off by a German warrior figure. Hunger and hardship and then the resolve of the German People.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4559 Posts
 Posted 10/31/2020  07:12 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add scopru to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I like the warrior vs skeleton.
Member: ANA and NGC
My Want list: http://goccf.com/t/188411
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
652 Posts
 Posted 11/09/2020  11:54 am  Show Profile   Check notgeldman's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add notgeldman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I hope you like this note:

A rather comical looking piece with a devil figure. The 'G E R' letters are from the town name spelling so you can see this piece is from a set.

(I think I need to do a bit of research and find out what it says and what the graphic is all about........)
Learn More...
United States
92481 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
652 Posts
 Posted 11/09/2020  12:02 pm  Show Profile   Check notgeldman's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add notgeldman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
yes.....I think so. I'll see what I can come up with. I've posted it as there is a further point of interest but I'll see if I can get my good friend to translate it for me first!! Thanks @jbuck. Sorry for the delay in posting but I've been very busy here lately. A new puppy!!.....rescued from Romania has joined our family.
Learn More...
United States
92481 Posts
 Posted 11/09/2020  12:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I've posted it as there is a further point of interest but I'll see if I can get my good friend to translate it for me first!!
Looking forward to it. I might give it a go, but I have difficult time reading script over type.

Quote:
A new puppy!!.....rescued from Romania has joined our family.
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
652 Posts
 Posted 11/16/2020  6:23 pm  Show Profile   Check notgeldman's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add notgeldman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Oh dear.......I now have my hands really tied up......as well as the new puppy, we have rescued 2 enormous Newfoundlands as well now!
I've also just completed my new notgeld book, 'COMICAL GEMS' that covers funny looking pieces or at least those that seem to have a light-hearted theme and graphic(s) to them. Please do a search on LuLu, the online publishers, if you are interesting in getting an early copy - maybe a great Christmas present. One of my new notgeld club members, who bought the first copy has written this about it:
'This is IT. The one "must have" book for all notgeld collectors. Even for those fluent in reading German, those witty cartoons on the Notgeld are terribly difficult to translate. Partially because some of the writing is in a stylized form of an old German font, usually Sutterlin or Kurrent, ....... or the language is in some local dialect, ofttimes intermixed with that of a neighboring country. So most collectors miss out on the humor, wisdom, stories or advice that is on the notgeld; This book rectifies all of that. Hundreds of full-color illustrations of the currency plus well-researched data on the locale, rarity, and other characteristics of the currency as well as translations of those wonderful drawings. After acquiring a catalog, this book is both a necessity and a delight to read. No collector should be without it. I'm a new notgeld collector and so glad I found this book. It's just most helpful, as are the author's other 3 books. If stars were available, this book would definitely receive a 5 star rating!!
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
652 Posts
 Posted 11/16/2020  6:26 pm  Show Profile   Check notgeldman's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add notgeldman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here is a picture of the previous note........but different!:

There are 3 / 4 verses on this variant piece.
(Translations are still being worked on by my very helpful and knowledgeable translator collector colleague.......)
Learn More...
United States
92481 Posts
 Posted 11/17/2020  10:03 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Here is a picture of the previous note........but different! ... There are 3 / 4 verses on this variant piece.
Very interesting!

Quote:
Translations are still being worked on by my very helpful and knowledgeable translator collector colleague......
We have time.
Pillar of the Community
United States
851 Posts
 Posted 11/17/2020  11:46 am  Show Profile   Check Collects82's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Collects82 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hi @notgeldman

I recently rediscovered a collection of paper notegeld I originally came across 7-8 years ago. I've moved 3 times, married, and had a child in the meantime, and totally forgotten about it. There seem to be ~350 pcs. My initial interest in it came via a few notes I inherited as a teenager from my grandfather's collection; he served in WWII and was a collector of many things, I think the notegeld and Asian notes were tied to his service. When I came across this set, I figured at the time it would be a way to learn more about my grandfather's notes. Is there an online resource that would be an easy starting place where I can possible sort these out and figure what I've got?
My hoard of '82s is up to 202! 218 BC x 1, 118 BC x 3, 18 BC x 1, 82 x 1, 182 x 1, 282 x 2, 582 x 2, 682 x 1, 782 x 2, 882 x 1, 982 x 4, 1082 x 1 1182 x 8, 1282 x 2, 1382 x 1, 1482 x 5, 1582 x 13, 1682 x 15, 1782 x 56, 1882 x 49, 1982 x 33
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
652 Posts
 Posted 11/17/2020  11:57 am  Show Profile   Check notgeldman's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add notgeldman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@Collects82 - for sure. This post stream is for anyone who has a question or query about notgeld and for collectors who just want to know more in general about the varying different notgeld issues. If you want to upload a couple of pictures here, by all means we should be able to see what you have. My notgeld.com website has a vast amount of info and a notgeld club if you are passionate about collecting them.
Page: of 37 Previous TopicReplies: 544 / Views: 17,609Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.49 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05