Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

German Notgeld Collector Of 46 Years, From Uk.

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 624 / Views: 22,867Next Topic
Page: of 42
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
702 Posts
 Posted 01/20/2021  7:46 pm  Show Profile   Check notgeldman's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add notgeldman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here is a pair of notes from Gotha, which have subtle differences....... that the collector is drawn too!

Learn More...
United States
97760 Posts
 Posted 01/21/2021  10:21 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Here is a pair of notes from Gotha, which have subtle differences....... that the collector is drawn too!
Very interesting!

I see some subtle shading differences. I am missing anything else?
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
702 Posts
 Posted 01/21/2021  11:13 am  Show Profile   Check notgeldman's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add notgeldman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The face values - 2 top ones missing on one note and then the 50 on that note being larger font.......
Learn More...
United States
97760 Posts
 Posted 01/21/2021  12:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
2 top ones missing on one note
How did I miss that!?
Pillar of the Community
Canada
4063 Posts
 Posted 01/21/2021  12:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add oriole to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
How did I miss that!?

Because there wasn't an Ike on it. You have a special Ike filter in your brain.
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
702 Posts
 Posted 01/21/2021  12:59 pm  Show Profile   Check notgeldman's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add notgeldman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Some of the slight differences which were put especially on the notgeld for the collectors, are extremely hard to notice unless you have the 2 different types in your hands. I'll try and post a couple for you all to have a look at &
Learn More...
United States
97760 Posts
 Posted 01/21/2021  4:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Because there wasn't an Ike on it. You have a special Ike filter in your brain.
That checks out.

Quote:
Some of the slight differences which were put especially on the notgeld for the collectors, are extremely hard to notice unless you have the 2 different types in your hands.
That is comparable to some large/small date varieties on coins.

Quote:
I'll try and post a couple for you all to have a look at
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
702 Posts
 Posted 01/21/2021  5:01 pm  Show Profile   Check notgeldman's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add notgeldman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I might have shown you this set of 7 different notes before?

See the differences in the last 2 notes?
Learn More...
United States
97760 Posts
 Posted 01/21/2021  5:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
See the differences in the last 2 notes?
I see a script difference in the hair. Looks like "Wemde" in the left, "Null" in the right.
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
702 Posts
 Posted 01/22/2021  06:11 am  Show Profile   Check notgeldman's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add notgeldman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes - the wigs contain 3 different terms or words used in the German card game Skat &
Learn More...
United States
97760 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
702 Posts
 Posted 01/22/2021  10:16 am  Show Profile   Check notgeldman's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add notgeldman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Think how easy it would be for a collector to skip through a pile and see these as the same. I've sent notgeld to collectors and they have sometimes emailed me back that there were duplicates sent. Once I have explained and they have taken a second look at the pieces - they then see the differences and better still, understand a little bit better the nuances of collecting notgeld. I'll search out a few more very similar......but different......pieces for this forum.....
Learn More...
United States
97760 Posts
 Posted 01/22/2021  10:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I'll search out a few more very similar......but different......pieces for this forum.....
Excellent! These are fun.
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
702 Posts
 Posted 01/22/2021  10:48 am  Show Profile   Check notgeldman's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add notgeldman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

A set of 6 from Sulza, Bad......as we collectors would alphabetically see these as. The 25pf piece usually has a 'valid until' date in the bottom right corner. But it is missing on this scarcer variant piece which I have enlarged.............
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
702 Posts
 Posted 01/22/2021  10:52 am  Show Profile   Check notgeldman's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add notgeldman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What about these 2?

Page: of 42 Previous TopicReplies: 624 / Views: 22,867Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 2.43 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05