Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

German Notgeld Collector Of 46 Years, From Uk.

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 646 / Views: 24,320Next Topic
Page: of 44
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
714 Posts
 Posted 03/03/2021  1:50 pm  Show Profile   Check notgeldman's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add notgeldman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think this would be catalogued as 'missing the '3'. Something went wrong with the printing plate I assume, creating the variants.
Valued Member
United States
352 Posts
 Posted 03/03/2021  1:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jay1234 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Interesting, I guess my first hunch was correct! Thanks as always for the insight.
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
714 Posts
 Posted 03/03/2021  1:56 pm  Show Profile   Check notgeldman's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add notgeldman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
How long have you been collecting? Please look at my notgeld.com site
Valued Member
United States
352 Posts
 Posted 03/03/2021  3:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jay1234 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've been collecting coins for about 30 years. Notgeld for about 12 years.
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
714 Posts
 Posted 03/03/2021  3:38 pm  Show Profile   Check notgeldman's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add notgeldman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great! I'm sure I can assist you with your collecting and your collection
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
714 Posts
 Posted 04/01/2021  8:22 pm  Show Profile   Check notgeldman's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add notgeldman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
.....now this is interesting!!

Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
714 Posts
 Posted 04/01/2021  8:34 pm  Show Profile   Check notgeldman's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add notgeldman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A fingerprint 'signature'. Looks to me like he made at least 76....?
Instead of 2 people having to sign the note, I think what happened here was that they printed the note with the 1 'faxsimile' signature and then the fingerprint was added at the time it was actually authorised along with the circular stamp mark.
Learn More...
United States
99390 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
714 Posts
 Posted 04/10/2021  07:03 am  Show Profile   Check notgeldman's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add notgeldman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Collector colleagues - I've been a bit busy at this end and I still have quite a few notgeld projects that I am working on. As time allows, I will try and keep my eye on this post and answer any queries. In the meantime, some very good notgeld news. I have just published my latest notgeld book that covers over 100 rare serienscheine pieces that are listed , but not pictured, in the Gr/Mehl blue 2003 catalogues. Most of these pieces are very rare, hence why there were no pictures. I have remedied that hopefully and added info about each issue. The new book is called 'ELUSIVE GEMS' and it is available from my notgeld.com website and direct from LuLu.com

https://www.lulu.com/search?adult_a...10&q=notgeld

Learn More...
United States
99390 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
714 Posts
 Posted 04/12/2021  6:57 pm  Show Profile   Check notgeldman's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add notgeldman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks @jbuck. It was a lot of work and research as you can imagine. Trying to get scans of pieces that are as scarce/rare as these, just catalogue entries in reality, was difficult. I had some in my picture folders collected over the years, but more than half of these pieces, I had never seen. I'm really pleased with the end result though.
Valued Member
United States
352 Posts
 Posted 04/18/2021  10:10 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jay1234 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looking through your threads I seem to have found an answer to a question that I've been wondering about for a long time. I thought that the bottom note was just cancelled but apparently it's a specimen note (no serial star shaped cancel hole).

And the backs.

Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
714 Posts
 Posted 04/18/2021  11:37 am  Show Profile   Check notgeldman's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add notgeldman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes you are right. It is missing its serial number AND it has some form of cancellation - here, the star shaped punch mark.
Nice.
Learn More...
United States
99390 Posts
Valued Member
United States
352 Posts
 Posted 04/19/2021  6:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jay1234 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here's one I could use some assistance on. This Bielfeld note seems like it should be listed under 103.3 in the Grabowski serienschiene catalog. However, all of those listings appear to have the date stamped (or handwritten) at the top of the front. Is this possibly an error that wasn't stamped or possibly an unlisted variety? Any thoughts?

Page: of 44 Previous TopicReplies: 646 / Views: 24,320Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.4 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05