Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Has Anyone Found 2020 Pennies Yet?

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5
Valued Member
United States
315 Posts
 Posted 01/22/2020  1:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I usually don't see anything new until early to mid-spring. Proximity to a mint isn't necessarily going to yield coins any earlier. A large metro area where there is a huge commercial demand for coin is more likely to have new coins surface earlier than a tiny rural community served by a couple tiny bank branches, three gas stations, a motel, a small post office, two diners, and a Piggly Wiggly 30 minutes away in the next county.
United States
15 Posts
 Posted 01/29/2020  11:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TiberiusMA to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Any sighting?
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
12665 Posts
 Posted 01/30/2020  07:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The first CCF member to show a 2020 business strike Lincoln Cent wins absolutely nothing !
Proud Member of The Black Sheep Squadron !
Learn More...
United States
82381 Posts
 Posted 01/30/2020  10:09 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That is not true! They will have won a 2020 Lincoln Cent.
Valued Member
United States
259 Posts
 Posted 01/30/2020  11:53 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mail187man to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I found a 2020 dime, but I don't do a whole lot of modern so I threw it back in the wild. It might even still be in my pocket or car. No cents though.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
19059 Posts
 Posted 01/30/2020  2:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add just carl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm s till looking for 2019 coins.
just carl
Learn More...
United States
82381 Posts
 Posted 01/30/2020  3:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I found a 2020 dime

Quote:
but I don't do a whole lot of modern so I threw it back in the wild

Quote:
It might even still be in my pocket or car

Quote:
No cents though
Learn More...
United States
82381 Posts
 Posted 01/30/2020  3:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I cheated when I bough the uncirculated mint set because I wanted the W cent.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1412 Posts
 Posted 01/30/2020  3:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add keith12 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I cheated when I bough the uncirculated mint set because I wanted the W cent
I got all 3
Learn More...
United States
82381 Posts
 Posted 01/30/2020  4:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
So did I.

I would have bought the proof sets anyway, but I usually pass on the uncirculated sets.

With the W nickels I expect to repeat this.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4904 Posts
 Posted 01/30/2020  5:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add westernsky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just got back from Las Vegas.

No new 2020 coins received there.

As far as new stuff goes.... until pics are posted it didn't happen!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
12665 Posts
 Posted 01/30/2020  7:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

Hmm, do you live in another country ?
Proud Member of The Black Sheep Squadron !
Pillar of the Community
Canada
4843 Posts
 Posted 01/30/2020  7:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mcshilling to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Remember if you find any 2020 we need proof you did , pics.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
16238 Posts
 Posted 01/31/2020  08:20 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Conder101 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Hmm, do you live in another country ?

Sometimes it seems like it.

Distribution patterns can be very odd sometimes, One item I track in my pocket change is 1997 nickels. In 22 years I've seen 15 of them, and I don't think I've seen one for at least two years now. I've never seen a 2003 nickel, just two of the 2005 buffalos, only about a half dozen 2009 cents (just one LP3 and no LP4's) There are still three of the territorial State Quarters I've never seen (I'm not talking about date and mint combinations, just designs from any mint)

I'm in one of those tiny rural communities that ijn1944 described, but we have two hotels but just one diner, the nearest chain grocery is a Kroger but it is over 40 miles away.
Gary Schmidt
Valued Member
United States
259 Posts
 Posted 01/31/2020  08:39 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mail187man to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I did not take care of this coin, but here it is to prove it happened.

Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.94 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05