Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1981 Canada 10 Cent Coin

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community

Canada
1713 Posts
 Posted 01/22/2020  8:22 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add rocky to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
this 1981 canada dime has a raise element. that is usually in-cursed. this is the first dime. that I have checked where this circled element is raised instead of being in-cursed. any thoughts greatly appreciated

Valued Member
Canada
462 Posts
 Posted 01/22/2020  8:29 pm  Show Profile   Check JohnWayne007's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add JohnWayne007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This is part of the design, I'm not a boat/ship guy so I cant tell you exactly what it is called but I can tell you it is suppose to be a rope connected to the sail, if you search for 1981 Canadian 10 cents on google you will find they all show this.

Great photographs though!
They say coin roll hunting is like a box of chocolates, you never know what your gonna get.... I think it went something like that, I was too busy looking at coins.

This is my very first error coin I found that got me hooked.
- 1989 Belize 25 Cent's with a Doubled Die Reverse http://goccf.com/t/362747
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1713 Posts
 Posted 01/22/2020  8:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rocky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
yes john you are correct. but this is suppose to be a hole a hollow point. instead it has a raised metal the hole is full. when it is not suppose to be a hole. you see the die had to be made in error.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1713 Posts
 Posted 01/22/2020  8:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rocky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
here john I will show you what I mean. take a look at this one. this way you will see what I mean.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1713 Posts
 Posted 01/22/2020  8:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rocky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
here is another view
Valued Member
Canada
462 Posts
 Posted 01/22/2020  8:53 pm  Show Profile   Check JohnWayne007's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add JohnWayne007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hmm.. it looks normal to me, this is one I found online with a quick search.

The 3rd photo you provided of the other coin showing what you are talking about looks like an error but the 1981 you originally posted looks normal, I just don't see it.

maybe others can be of more help.
They say coin roll hunting is like a box of chocolates, you never know what your gonna get.... I think it went something like that, I was too busy looking at coins.

This is my very first error coin I found that got me hooked.
- 1989 Belize 25 Cent's with a Doubled Die Reverse http://goccf.com/t/362747
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1713 Posts
 Posted 01/22/2020  8:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rocky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
thank you john here is another view
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1713 Posts
 Posted 01/22/2020  9:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rocky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
ok john see this one is a raised metal not a hollow
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1713 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2020  9:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rocky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
i am sorry but I thought you all should see this perfect coin. that is why I am sharing this with you.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
7836 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2020  12:31 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DBM to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Don't understand what the toonie is doing here in this thread, but are you saying the little triangle on the dime is raised?
If so that would be unusual.
Odd and interesting location for a die chip.
"Dipping" is not considered cleaning...
-from PCGS website
Valued Member
Canada
393 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2020  01:40 am  Show Profile   Check TerryT's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add TerryT to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If you are referring to the spar sticking out past the sail-rope on the second example, and even with the rope on the first, then it is possible that you have a different strike. It could be MS, specimen, proof-like, which may all have slightly different details. We would have to check those to see which yours may compare to. Be patient.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1713 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2020  7:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rocky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
DBM but are you saying the little triangle on the dime is raised?
If so that would be unusual.
Odd and interesting location for a die chip.
DBM I was wondering if that might be a possibility. I am going to try to find another one.
TerryT thank you yes I will check a few more as well. Question I thought that the dies are always the same all the way up. like from circulation to proofs. thank you all for your help.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1713 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2020  8:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rocky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
just found a second coin with the raise metal. this one is a frosted proof. its the same as the specimen at the top here is the images. thank you all very much

Pillar of the Community
Canada
1713 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2020  8:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rocky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
the reason I shared that image of the toonie. I want to show how perfect that coin is. you do not see that very often. one can always find some thing on these coins. I really like that coin.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.64 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05