Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

I Was Convinced To Start A Small Cents Collection

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 8
Pillar of the Community
United States
1480 Posts
 Posted 02/10/2020  10:10 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Woohoo! First of the eBay coins are coming :)
Learn More...
United States
83885 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
1480 Posts
 Posted 02/10/2020  4:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well I was expecting 4 coins, but all I got in was the 2003 Uncrowned. I'll post pictures when more come in, 8 are still in transit.
Learn More...
United States
83885 Posts
 Posted 02/11/2020  09:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Well I was expecting 4 coins, but all I got in was the 2003 Uncrowned.

Quote:
I'll post pictures when more come in, 8 are still in transit.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1480 Posts
 Posted 02/12/2020  10:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just checked USPS informed delivery, the letter with 4 coins is coming in ;) Pictures coming today :)
Learn More...
United States
83885 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
1480 Posts
 Posted 02/12/2020  4:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Woo Hoo, 2nd of 5 packages, none have a lot of items, this was the largest with 4 coins ordered. Looks pretty cool, I like when you get lots of stamps :)

And when I opened it up, I got 3 free coins. All went into the album as they were nicer than what I had already.

Learn More...
United States
83885 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
1480 Posts
 Posted 02/13/2020  9:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Today at lunch time I went to the LCS to look through his junk coins as he picked up a few recently. While looking through the Junk coins, I found not one but 2 1922, and a 1923. I took home the 1923 but left back the 1922 (although I may still pick it up as the price is very good), so as of today with the ones ordered from eBay, only missing the 1922 and 1925.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1480 Posts
 Posted 02/14/2020  5:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Today the 1999P came in. In the set this is probably the rarest coin. From doing some research:

" As a cost saving measure in 1999 the Canadian Mint made plans to strike 1, 5, 10, 25 and 50 cent coins on nickel plated steel blanks which would be first nickel plated, then copper plated and then nickel plated again for all denominations other than the 1 cent where were left with the copper plated finish. To differentiate them from regular coins a P for plated on steel was placed below the Queen's portrait. First struck only as test tokens for vending machine companies to calibrate either equipment to accept them, with an expectation they were be later returned to the mint, some came on the market at very high prices. This upset mint officials so they struck a further 20,000 sets to sell to collectors at much lower prices, both making money for the mint and disrupting the market for the vending machine companies."

Edited by hfjacinto
02/14/2020 5:10 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
1480 Posts
 Posted 02/18/2020  09:40 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just checked 2 more letters coming from Canada :) I'll post pictures later today :)
Learn More...
Canada
8909 Posts
 Posted 02/18/2020  12:13 pm  Show Profile   Check SPP-Ottawa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SPP-Ottawa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The 1999P is actually a test token (TT-1.12A), and it was only issued in a "test token set" by the Royal Canadian Mint.

https://www.colonialacres.com/produ...999.test.htm

How it ended up in normal coin sets, and even the PCGS Registry, is probably because Bill Cross put the 1999P coins in the front of the Charlton Catalogue (and other catalogues followed suit).

"Research is what I am doing, when I don't know what I am doing" --Wernher von Braun

Content of this post is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. See: http://creativecommons.org/licenses...0/deed.en_US

My eBay store
Pillar of the Community
United States
1480 Posts
 Posted 02/18/2020  5:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
2 more coins came in. I love letters from Canada...

The 1985 and 2006P are what I ordered but I got a 1959 and 1960 for free. I love some Ebay sellers!

The 2006 P :)

The free coins (1959 and 1960) replaced what I had.

One more full page :)

Edited by hfjacinto
02/18/2020 5:08 pm
Learn More...
United States
83885 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
1480 Posts
 Posted 02/19/2020  2:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Jbuck...

Down to 4 and all are on order.
Page: of 8 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.73 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05