Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

I Was Convinced To Start A Small Cents Collection

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 8
Learn More...
United States
84129 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1761 Posts
 Posted 02/19/2020  4:48 pm  Show Profile   Check gidjit's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add gidjit to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
you might as well start getting the large cents now! canada cents are easily finished without costing a fortune and I love the looks of a victorian penny esp the 1858/59 obverse
please check out my collection of large cents from 1858 - 1920 (click link below, you DO NOT need a facebook account to view)
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/...l=4b87156114
also you can see my collection of 1859 die pairs here
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/...47995&type=3
Learn More...
United States
84129 Posts
 Posted 02/19/2020  4:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
you might as well start getting the large cents now!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1542 Posts
 Posted 02/19/2020  8:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@gidgit I actually ordered an 1859 large cent as I thought it was really pretty.

Large cents are hard for me as I don't have many locally. I'm not saying no, it's just not the next set after Liberty nickels.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3299 Posts
 Posted 02/19/2020  9:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add oriole to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If you ignore the varieties (I don't collect them), the 1858 is the mot expensive one, but maybe 1/10 of the US 1909S VDB.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1542 Posts
 Posted 02/19/2020  9:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What is it with you guys trying to get me to start new collections ?
Pillar of the Community
United States
1542 Posts
 Posted 02/20/2020  08:40 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Back to small cents :) another letter from Canada coming in today :)

It's sad but I paid almost as much for shipment as for the coins I was missing.
Edited by hfjacinto
02/20/2020 08:41 am
Learn More...
United States
84129 Posts
 Posted 02/20/2020  4:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Back to small cents :) another letter from Canada coming in today :)

Quote:
It's sad but I paid almost as much for shipment as for the coins I was missing.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1542 Posts
 Posted 02/20/2020  5:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Woo Hoo!! Another letter from Canada.

Woo Hoo, more coins! I had ordered the 1990 and some one gave me one, so I have 2 MS 1990. No big deal. I love me some coins.

All the leaves in the folder , only missing the 2003 to complete this page.

Edited by hfjacinto
02/20/2020 5:28 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
1542 Posts
 Posted 02/20/2020  5:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
you might as well start getting the large cents now! .

I just wanted to say you all SUCK!!

The LCS put these on the side for me, at $1 each one can't complain

Edited by hfjacinto
02/20/2020 6:34 pm
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1761 Posts
 Posted 02/20/2020  5:35 pm  Show Profile   Check gidjit's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add gidjit to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I just wanted to say you all SUCK!!

The LCS put these on the side for me, at $1 each one can't complain
lol and now it begins ,have fun!!
please check out my collection of large cents from 1858 - 1920 (click link below, you DO NOT need a facebook account to view)
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/...l=4b87156114
also you can see my collection of 1859 die pairs here
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/...47995&type=3
Learn More...
United States
84129 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
1542 Posts
 Posted 02/21/2020  07:55 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Another day, another letter from Canadá. I still have 2 more. All low cost coins but not one person had all so I did one small order (all those came in) and a large order and it went to 5 different sellers on EBay. Still have 2 not come in yet.

It's pretty cool getting a coin almost every day :)

This letter isn't as pretty as the others only 1 stamp :( (what did people do before USPS informed delivery, you actually had to wait by the mail box before you knew what was coming... crazy!)
Edited by hfjacinto
02/21/2020 07:56 am
Learn More...
Canada
8928 Posts
 Posted 02/21/2020  1:51 pm  Show Profile   Check SPP-Ottawa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SPP-Ottawa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
For your small cent collection, be sure to post it when it is completed... and which ones you would like to see upgraded. We can't make any promises, but if you participate in the "Secret Santa" next year, you just might get some upgrades...
"Research is what I am doing, when I don't know what I am doing" --Wernher von Braun

Content of this post is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. See: http://creativecommons.org/licenses...0/deed.en_US

My eBay store
Pillar of the Community
United States
1542 Posts
 Posted 02/21/2020  2:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
For your small cent collection, be sure to post it when it is completed

I will I'm really enjoying completing this one.

Quote:
and which ones you would like to see upgraded. We can't make any promises, but if you participate in the "Secret Santa" next year, you just might get some upgrades...

I'm pretty happy with what I picked up, most are in MS and the ones that aren't are all VF to AU, so its a pretty nice set.

Now if we were talking about large cents ;) that may be a reason to do "Secret Santa"
Page: of 8 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.84 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05