Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

I Was Convinced To Start A Small Cents Collection

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 8
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1760 Posts
 Posted 02/21/2020  3:49 pm  Show Profile   Check gidjit's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add gidjit to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
if you do the secret santa this year and if you happen to be my assignment and you still need large cents I can really help you put a dent in your collection!!
please check out my collection of large cents from 1858 - 1920 (click link below, you DO NOT need a facebook account to view)
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/...l=4b87156114
also you can see my collection of 1859 die pairs here
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/...47995&type=3
Pillar of the Community
United States
1480 Posts
 Posted 02/21/2020  4:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
if you do the secret santa this year and if you happen to be my assignment and you still need large cents I can really help you put a dent in your collection!!

Thank you
Pillar of the Community
United States
1480 Posts
 Posted 02/21/2020  4:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well I was expecting 1 letter, but I got 2, sometimes Informed Delivery isn't 100%, oh well thats even better.

One was from Ohio, the other was from Canada, the Ohio one had nicer stamps this time :)

Allens packs the coins really well.

I got 4 coins, plus a large cent, I blame you all!!

And while all the holes are filled, I still have 2 more to replace the blank spaces on the last page.

SO STAY TUNED! I'll post at least 2 more times.

Learn More...
United States
83885 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
1480 Posts
 Posted 02/21/2020  11:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Jbuck et al. Special shout out to the wonderful poster that got me started on Canadian small cents!
Pillar of the Community
United States
2209 Posts
 Posted 02/22/2020  09:42 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kopper Ken to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
We all started that way filling holes in an album...some call it OCD, others call it being anal...I call it fun...keep on collecting and having fun. Many young kids are missing out on the organizational/social skills the coin collecting hobby can provide.

KK
Pillar of the Community
United States
1480 Posts
 Posted 02/26/2020  2:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Picked up one more :)

My local coin shop doesn't sell many Canadian cents, so he has some nice ones at low cost.

This was to put in the last page, still missing the 2 reverse proofs which are coming from Canada.

Pillar of the Community
United States
1480 Posts
 Posted 02/26/2020  2:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I also looked through the Large Cents, he has a few and again low cost as few people get these. I still haven't decided whether I'm doing the set, but at what I picked these up for, not really a bad price (disregard the prices on the 2 by 2, I didn't pay that).

Learn More...
United States
83885 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3275 Posts
 Posted 02/26/2020  3:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add oriole to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I still haven't decided whether I'm doing the set

You say this but keep getting large cents!

At this rate you will have them all before you decide.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1480 Posts
 Posted 02/26/2020  7:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
You say this but keep getting large cents!

At this rate you will have them all before you decide.

You make it sound like it's a bad thing

My child works part time at the LCS (I got him a job, I figured I spend enough money there) so he picked up 3 more for me
Pillar of the Community
United States
1480 Posts
 Posted 02/27/2020  09:01 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
2 letters from Canada coming in today!
Learn More...
United States
83885 Posts
Valued Member
Canada
454 Posts
 Posted 02/27/2020  12:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Cdncoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
From my limited experience, you can get some really good prices on old Canadian coins in the US as there is not much demand for them in many areas.

Have you considered a Canadian nickel collection? It is interesting to see how they change from round to sided and back to round over the years and also the different materials they used (tombac and steel) during the 40's and 50's.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1480 Posts
 Posted 02/27/2020  1:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I like the 5 cents but I may pass on those, no real reason but copper coins are attractive to me, the 5 cents never were.

My goals are as follows:
1) get the 1886 V nickel
2) start/complete the ASE
3) still undecided , but complete the large cent Canadian.

I've been picking up large cents as I can get them for a $1 or $2, a few large cents are costly so that's why I haven't committed to completing that one. Only so much money I can spend.
Page: of 8 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.72 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05