Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Banknotes Made Of Unusual Materials (Non Polymer Or Paper Or Card Issues)

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 101 / Views: 3,287Next Topic
Page: of 7
Valued Member
United Kingdom
464 Posts
 Posted 03/06/2020  3:33 pm  Show Profile   Check notgeldman's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add notgeldman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The note above, catalogues as 'NGM08 14d-spurwhswds'

(That catalogue reference, might look very long but it specifically catalogues the note......which has that specific border type, the purple stampmark, the hand-written signature and the datestamp that appear on this example.
If a collector has a very similar piece, the catalogue number will be similar but differ where and as required).
Learn More...
United States
86202 Posts
 Posted 03/06/2020  3:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
A 100m gold silk piece with a 'less common' border:
Excellent!
Valued Member
United Kingdom
464 Posts
 Posted 03/08/2020  7:36 pm  Show Profile   Check notgeldman's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add notgeldman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A purple coloured velvet piece, similar to the 1st note in this post, which was red. You can see why collectors are drawn to these types!!

Valued Member
United Kingdom
464 Posts
 Posted 03/08/2020  7:39 pm  Show Profile   Check notgeldman's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add notgeldman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The baby is holding a turnip, which is shown with a face - it became a topical design on some of the Bielefeld issues. The turnip fields around the city, were used to grow turnips, which helped feed the German People when there was a crisis with the food supplies.
Learn More...
United States
86202 Posts
Valued Member
United Kingdom
464 Posts
 Posted 03/10/2020  11:59 am  Show Profile   Check notgeldman's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add notgeldman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
.......and the yellow/gold piece:

Learn More...
United States
86202 Posts
 Posted 03/10/2020  2:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
.......and the yellow/gold piece:
Together they make a nice gift for the Vikings fan.
Valued Member
United Kingdom
464 Posts
 Posted 03/10/2020  6:38 pm  Show Profile   Check notgeldman's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add notgeldman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
red-purple-gold I take it....I'll have a look..........

American Football team - Us Brits hey! What are we like.....
Sorry for being so nieve about the American game
I guess they could just get the purple and gold pieces - yes!!
Valued Member
United Kingdom
464 Posts
 Posted 03/10/2020  6:42 pm  Show Profile   Check notgeldman's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add notgeldman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Collecting banknotes and notgeld can seriously improve one's general knowledge
Learn More...
United States
86202 Posts
 Posted 03/11/2020  10:07 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I guess they could just get the purple and gold pieces - yes!!
Yeah, I should have been clear I was excluding the red one on the first page.

Valued Member
United Kingdom
464 Posts
 Posted 03/11/2020  10:13 am  Show Profile   Check notgeldman's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add notgeldman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You knew what you were talking about - but its different for me of course, not being American. I'm quite pleased that I now know Minnesota.....Vikings!! Useful for Pub quizes and the like.
Learn More...
United States
86202 Posts
 Posted 03/11/2020  11:18 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I'm quite pleased that I now know Minnesota.....Vikings!! Useful for Pub quizes and the like.
Valued Member
United Kingdom
464 Posts
 Posted 03/12/2020  10:50 am  Show Profile   Check notgeldman's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add notgeldman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Two more to keep the Minnesota crowd happy!
Learn More...
United States
86202 Posts
 Posted 03/12/2020  11:30 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Two more to keep the Minnesota crowd happy!
Well done!
Valued Member
United Kingdom
464 Posts
 Posted 03/15/2020  2:03 pm  Show Profile   Check notgeldman's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add notgeldman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A scarce 30 heller piece from Austria, made of plywood:

It was a series of only 100 sets. The full set was comprised of 15h +30h +90h.
Page: of 7 Previous TopicReplies: 101 / Views: 3,287Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.93 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05