Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

My Circulated Liberty (V) Nickel Collection...

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 41 / Views: 2,043Next Topic
Page: of 3
Pillar of the Community
United States
1832 Posts
 Posted 02/07/2020  4:59 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
For Christmas a fellow collector and friend sent me a set of Liberty nickels, but since I was working on Bison Nickels and Pretty Lady Walking in the Sunshine, I had to put these on hold.

I recently picked up a Whitman Album (again this is because Carl beat into submission that silver colored coins look better on a blue background ).

Kidding about the the above, but I didn't get a Dansco as 1 its not really available and 2 there was space for another 50 coins.

Since the Walking Liberties and Bison Nickels are done, time to start on a new set :) I was only missing the key dates and while I found all 3 locally the issue is quality, most 1885/1886 are pretty beat up. So first key date I picked up was the 1912 S.

The 1892 and 1894 were also upgraded as you could barely see the date. So here is my circulated V nickel album.

Learn More...
United States
86202 Posts
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
47883 Posts
 Posted 02/07/2020  5:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice!
Pillar of the Community
United States
3872 Posts
 Posted 02/07/2020  7:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinHunter27 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Excellent! Good looking set there!

-CH27
"Time is the coin of life. Only you can determine how it will be spent" -Carl Sandburg
A few notable finds:
1857 FEC DDO S-4 FS-101:
http://goccf.com/t/368150
1888-O $1 Hot Lips VAM-4:
http://goccf.com/t/363580
1970-S 1C DDO FS-103
http://goccf.com/t/372456

Pillar of the Community
United States
1832 Posts
 Posted 02/09/2020  10:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks all I hope to get the missing 2 over the next few weeks :)
Pillar of the Community
United States
3488 Posts
 Posted 02/10/2020  08:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add KenKat to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice looking set, now just get those last two holes filled!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1022 Posts
 Posted 02/10/2020  08:55 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CitationSquirrel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks fabulous hfjacinto!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1832 Posts
 Posted 02/10/2020  09:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks all, this was a different set as I was given 90% of the coins, so all I needed was the key dates. It's also surprising but it's not a popular set. My LCS have lots of V nickels and very few buyers. And most V nickels are in poor shape, hard to find anything above VF in the early dates.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
19312 Posts
 Posted 02/10/2020  10:08 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add just carl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great looking set so far. And note how Silverish looking coins stand out in a Blue background. Almost all Nickels are not a really popular collection for some reason. Possibly the Jefferson nickels helped ruin the Nickel hobby. And many dealers I know don't keep a large supply of them since they don't sell well. And as to a Whitman Album. I really like the fact that there are only slots for what is needed unlike Dansco where there are always slots at the end that are there to irritate people.
just carl
Pillar of the Community
United States
753 Posts
 Posted 02/10/2020  8:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DoctorBurnzy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pillar of the Community
United States
1832 Posts
 Posted 02/17/2020  5:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thursday/Friday I'll pick up the 1885, I've looked around locally and haven't found anything that I liked, so this is a short/long term compromise. Since most of what I have is G/VF, I didn't want AU/XF but I was hoping for VF, couldn't find one, so I went for price with a clear date. :)

This set will be low cost (considering I got most of the coins as a gift, going to keep consistent) :)
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
13399 Posts
 Posted 02/17/2020  6:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice going you have one more than I do right now .
Proud Member of The Black Sheep Squadron !
Pillar of the Community
United States
1832 Posts
 Posted 02/17/2020  6:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have someone to thank :)
Learn More...
United States
86202 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
1832 Posts
 Posted 02/20/2020  5:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
KEY DATE ALERT!!

Learn More...
United States
86202 Posts
Page: of 3 Previous TopicReplies: 41 / Views: 2,043Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.03 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05