Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

# 48 Of My Silver Dollars For Grading 1921 P Morgan

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
208 Posts
 Posted 02/11/2020  10:37 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add KauaiHawaiiGuy to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
A rather common date and mint, but it looks to me to be original surfaces with about 50% luster. I graded it a 55 back when I acquired it. Looking at it anew, nothing I see today changes that for me.

But like always, what do you think?

Pillar of the Community
United States
965 Posts
 Posted 02/11/2020  11:11 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add thisistheshow to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Edited by thisistheshow
02/11/2020 2:46 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
8036 Posts
 Posted 02/11/2020  11:39 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinCollector2012 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
AU-55
Sets in progress... Mercury dimes, Washington quarters, 7070 Type Set, WLH Short Set
View my collection here! http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...hp?cat=10518
ANA: 3183215
Valued Member
United States
208 Posts
 Posted 02/11/2020  11:42 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add KauaiHawaiiGuy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
thisistheshow ......... well you have me at a disadvantage, because after reading this comment to me I don't know if you're looking out for me, trying to help me with my grading, or you're just tired of looking at my coins. I think the best thing for me to do now is to query the forum to see what the consensus is. I certainly don't want to offend or bore people with my many coin submissions. And please understand, I am not upset about your post and I'm not taking it too personally, but I am perplexed. Perhaps you could clarify your intent so that I understand the reason for your comment.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1849 Posts
 Posted 02/11/2020  12:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Zurie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
AU-55. If you feel you are benefiting from posting all your coins in order, by all means continue to post. If people get tired of seeing your coins, they don't have to look.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
46179 Posts
 Posted 02/11/2020  1:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'll say AU-53 on this one.
Pillar of the Community
United States
965 Posts
 Posted 02/11/2020  2:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add thisistheshow to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
thisistheshow ......... well you have me at a disadvantage, because after reading this comment to me I don't know if you're looking out for me, trying to help me with my grading, or you're just tired of looking at my coins. I think the best thing for me to do now is to query the forum to see what the consensus is. I certainly don't want to offend or bore people with my many coin submissions. And please understand, I am not upset about your post and I'm not taking it too personally, but I am perplexed. Perhaps you could clarify your intent so that I understand the reason for your comment.

AU-55. If you feel you are benefiting from posting all your coins in order, by all means continue to post. If people get tired of seeing your coins, they don't have to look.

It looks like my comments came across the wrong way. I am absolutely NOT disparaging you from posting. I actually am rather unskilled at grading these coins, and I have read through every one of your posts. I meant went I said only in a good way. PLEASE, both of you, believe me. I am not a negative person. And I have posted and will continue to post my share of posts asking for help grading. I apologize for the misunderstanding and ask your forgiveness.

Edit to add: I deleted the original comment.
Edited by thisistheshow
02/11/2020 2:46 pm
Valued Member
United States
208 Posts
 Posted 02/11/2020  3:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add KauaiHawaiiGuy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
thisistheshow
Thanks for the clarification. Perhaps you didn't read my earliest posts where I asked if it was OK to post all my coins, and then also made a point that I would be posting them in the order I bought, graded, and entered them into my database.

I am posting all and in order for a couple of reasons. One is that I numbered, graded, and put them into those holders and my database as I bought them. Some therefore I haven't looked at in 3 to 4 years now. I was self taught or self learned or even unlearned as I went along, and though I think I was getting better as time went by, I have really never had any personal interaction with other people that collect coins. So this gives me the opportunity to compare what I thought or still think with what others, most with more knowledge than I, think.

The other reason is that I'm just plain having fun. It's giving me a reason to look at each one again, to see where I've been and what I was thinking compared to now. Out of the first 50 I've listed, there are a few I have marked to sell because of the comments here, and looking at them now after a few years, I'm scratching my head and wondering why I bought a few of them back then, was I really that blind or dumb?

Anyway thisistheshow ...... thanks for clearing that up, I really mean it. I really wasn't sure if you wanted me to post anymore coins, but now see that it was all just a misunderstanding over semantics. I just posted #50
Edited by KauaiHawaiiGuy
02/11/2020 3:37 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
965 Posts
 Posted 02/11/2020  3:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add thisistheshow to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Again, I didn't mean anything negative.

I actually thought I was being helpful because I thought you might learn more from the newer purchases.

Glad you accept my apology.
Valued Member
United States
208 Posts
 Posted 02/11/2020  3:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add KauaiHawaiiGuy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
thisistheshow ...... I sure do accept it and honestly was more than needed. I realize now it was just a miss-spoken comment on your part and a misunderstanding of it on mine.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1849 Posts
 Posted 02/11/2020  4:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Zurie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@thisistheshow, thanks for clarifying, I also misunderstood.
Pillar of the Community
United States
8383 Posts
 Posted 02/12/2020  11:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add panzaldi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
the 21(P) can be a little soft and we see that on the left side of the obverse particularly the stars.

Although technically it could fall into the AU55 bucket, the luster looks a little light for a 55 and the slight weakness in the obverse strike imo drops it a notch to AU53

the price difference between the two grades is about $1 so it doesn't matter that much either way
Bedrock of the Community
United States
19374 Posts
 Posted 02/16/2020  2:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm at AU-53 due to no sign of luster, just dull original looking surfaces.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.62 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05