Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Indigenous Languages 50 Cents Question

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 2 / Views: 310Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1287 Posts
 Posted 02/11/2020  8:45 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add jgfindring to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I just got a 50 cents Indigenous Languages coin for my type set and have an orientation question. All of my other 50 cent pieces, if they say fifty cents, it is at the bottom of the reverse, and if you rotate the coin, the queen's portrait is right side up ( medal orientation?) If the 50 cent legend is the bottom on this new coin, when you rotate it the queen's portrait is off by 90 degrees. If the 50 cent legend is supposed to be on the side, then the Queen is positioned correctly.
Is my coin normal, or a 90 degree rotated die?

Thanks in advance.

Jeff
Currently working on:
Australia type set
Canada type set
Three from each country (up to 416!)
UK 20th and 21st century
IHC's! NGC certified MS-62 or better, Capital Plastics Fine or better, Dansco Fine or better, Dansco any x3, and Coin Board for wall display, any grade. (I may be a tad obsessed)
Formerly nancyc
Australia
5140 Posts
 Posted 02/11/2020  9:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Nevol to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Jeff, That's the way the coin was oriented, so you have a normal coin. Check it out here:
https://www.ramint.gov.au/2019-50c-...us-languages

The only Aussie 50c that has been rotated is the 2014 oops 2010 sorry, rotated by 30 Seems to be a few of them about so mintage figures would be anybody's guess.

life is a mystery to be lived not a problem to be solved
Edited by Nevol
02/11/2020 9:34 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1287 Posts
 Posted 02/11/2020  9:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jgfindring to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks!
That's a bit unusual, but I like it.
Currently working on:
Australia type set
Canada type set
Three from each country (up to 416!)
UK 20th and 21st century
IHC's! NGC certified MS-62 or better, Capital Plastics Fine or better, Dansco Fine or better, Dansco any x3, and Coin Board for wall display, any grade. (I may be a tad obsessed)
  Previous TopicReplies: 2 / Views: 310Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.41 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05